we live in Miami and we like to take trips on the spur of the moment. we decided we would drive up the west coast and spend the night where ever we got tired. we drove into Sanibel island and decided to go look for a room, we stopped at a few hotels but were too pricey, so we decided to just drive around the island and maybe head back home after. we stopped at a little park so my son could play on the swings and slides. there was a gentleman walking his dog and we started talking and he turned out to be a councilman for sanibel, he recommended a few hotels and cottages and we decided to stop at this one. we were very pleased with the cottage and also got a discount with the mention of the councilman. very nice and clean. we will definitly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Cottages And Motel Sanibel Island, Florida