I normally like to write good reviews but this place needs some attention. We booked this room because they accepted our dog for an additional fee. Two of the days we were there it rained and the entire grounds surrounding our room flooded. The water was 3 inches high into the screened in patio up to the front door. On the last day of our vacation we were stuck in our room for around 5 hours until the water subsided. Around noon we called to request fresh linen because of all the mud we tracked into the room from the front patio. I went to the office once the water went down to confirm that someone from housekeeping would be bringing fresh linen. One of the staff members in the office told me they were gone for the day wanted to argue with me about why the cleaning crew never came even though we called earlier specifically for them. He then proceded to justify the flooding by stating the Waterside Inn is older and people stay here for its "quaintness." He was annoyed that I even mentioned that they should warn guests before booking about the flooding problem on the ground units. When I asked him for his name he didn' t want to provide it because he was worried I would "post it all over the internet." Once I asked for the manager (who wasn't working until the next day) he gave me a name. The lady at the desk was friendly and understanding and even offered to reduce our rate (which only ended up being around 20 dollars off our total bill). We had family and friends stay in several different hotels on Sanibel at the same time and none of them had an issue with flooding. They definitely didn't encounter a rude and argumentative staff member. I would not recommend staying here and will not be returning. There are too many other beautiful places to stay on Sanibel that don't have any of these problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you searching for that true Olde Florida charm and style? Look no further than Waterside Inn! You?re just steps away from the beautiful beaches of Sanibel. Amenities include a heated pool, beach loungers, on-site bike rentals, and BBQ grills. Come to relax and unwind in one of our small inns or cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Waterside Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Inn On The Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Resort Sanibel Island
- Waterside Inn On The Beach Sanibel Island, Florida