Waterside Inn on the Beach
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
US$354
Official Site
US$265
US$258
Hotels.com
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
US$250
US$212
Travelocity
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$269
Seaside Inn
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$255
US$309
US$246
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)
US$363
Orbitz.com
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$153
Castaways Cottages of Sanibel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$199
Official Site
Sanibel Moorings Resort(Sanibel Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspineapple lodgethe cottagesthe kitchenold floridashuffleboard courtlounge chairspalm treesliterally stepsrent bikesshort drivelaid backsmall poolwest gulf drivesecond floorair conditionerstaff was very friendly and helpfulbug spray
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This was a family vacation we (my 2 kids and husband) arrived on Wednesday early morning when it was still dark outside but you just knew you were right by the beach! We had, like ALWAYS, done our research on TA and just knew we had to visit this place. We tried getting a cottage but they were not available for the 5 nights we needed it for so we settled for a 2 queen bed room with a full kitchen. The dishes and cooking utensils were included! Even a blender! Anyway, the room had it's own balcony, which was so awesome waking up and making coffee and sitting on that balcony watching the sunrise! SWEET... PARADISE.... There must be 100 coconut palms on this property. Lovely!
To best describe you the room layout, when you walk in there's the kitchen, little table and four chairs to your left. Countertops are granite. Pretty cool for a beach hotel. Then there's the 2 queen beds, oh so dreamy!!! They were more comfortable than my own bed. LOL! I slept like a baby on this bed... Seriously! The bathroom was pretty roomy and I will say that the only complaint is that there's no fan in the bathroom. No biggie for me though. They've got a small window that you can open right over the tub.
I really enjoyed the beach being right there and the pool as well. The pool was always nicely clean and almost never even used. They also have bicycle rentals so you can go ride around town in and check out the beautiful nature that surrounds you.
I have nothing to say but great things to say about waterside inn. The staff was super friendly and attentive to our needs. This was our first time visiting Sanibel/Captiva and we totally fell in love with it! This is a nature lovers paradise!! I am so in love with this island that I'm thinking of moving to Florida for the beaches! You can't beat the sunsets and tropics! Love love love!!! I definitely give waterfront inn a 100✔️ and will be returning this December!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank jackie_sassy_28
Sanibelblondie, Owner at Waterside Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

What a super review and happy customer. Glad you mentioned our newly purchased beds (mattress). They are sooo comfortable and we have gotten so many thumbs up on the comfort. Many people like yourself say that they are more comfortable than their own beds. It also sounds like you really took in "island life" while you were here. Sanibel and the Waterside Inn are a real throw back to simpler times, calmer times, and times that we wish would never end. Now that you have that sand in your toes, we'll be looking for you again soon. See you in December and thanks again for sharing your experiences here at The Waterside Inn.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a large group staying in different accommodations for a family reunion of 23 people. My husband and I stayed at the Kiwi cottage which is a one room efficiency very close to the beach with an old Florida feel. The efficiency was well equipped, but could use some upgrades. The bed linens looked pretty worn and the pillows were paper thin. Overall, the place was clean and conveniently located with adjacent parking for one car. Other family members stayed at the condominiums and they were all well appointed, with good size kitchens fully upgraded and equipped. Living space was ample and includes a screened balcony. If staying here again, I might consider a condo and forgo the old Florida cottage feel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Wow, what a great reunion you had. It was so much fun to see everyone meet up with their group. We are so glad you had a wonderful time here at Waterside Inn. See you again next year!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

After doing my vacation research for our group of 5 adults and 3 kids, I settled on the Waterside and was not disappointed at all. The receptionist was friendly and helpful in booking two cottages right across from each other for easy back and forth with the kids. After arrival we were granted an early check in since the cottages were ready. Cottages were roomy, clean and well stocked with essential kitchen utensils. The office graciously loaned us beach towels which worked well and enabled us not to have to unpack ours. The beach was just an easy walk from the Raspberry & Grapefruit. Atmosphere was quiet, laid back with an old Florida charm. Grounds were laid out well and maintained with shuffle board court and shell washing station. Staff was exceptionally helpful. Parking was limited and tight but even with our full size suburban we managed fine. Bailey's Grocery (★★★★★) and many restaurants are only a short drive away. Normally we vacation on the east coast because of the better waves for surfing and body boarding but for the shells and the calm warmer waters of the gulf this was an enjoyable change. Given the opportunity, I'll definitely be coming back to stay at the Waterside Inn! A huge shout out to native "Steel City" resident John, Go Bucs!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Inland3899
Sanibelblondie, Owner at Waterside Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Well, well, well...another shout out for our famous Pittsburg Steeler Maintenance Guy, John. He sure has a lot of fans out there! For anyone coming to stay with is here at Waterside Inn, John is our "go to" guy for anything your heart desires. If there's a problem...John will be there Jolly on the Spot to make things right.

Thanks so much for the great review and I know we'll see you again next year. Till then may all your sunsets be beachside!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in the Breakers West building, room B3. The unit itself was very large and roomy, very comfortable for our group of four adults and two babies. The kitchen was very large and allowed us to prepare meals comfortably. A roll of paper towels, dish soap, and all of the utensils, dishes, and pans we needed to cook were provided. The unit had a blue theme overall, which my mother thought was beautiful, and definitely had that old Florida style which is so nice. The Master had a large closet (that actually fit the portable crib for the baby), a King size bed and still room to spare for luggage and moving around. The second room had two twin beds. There was a large living space and a nice, large, screened-in lanai overlooking the pool where we could eat meals. The office staff was very welcoming and friendly, even helping us once just before office closing when we locked ourselves out of our unit. They provided suggestions of places to go and eat, specific to our needs.
There was an elevator or stair option to get to this second floor unit, our designated parking spot was at the end of the building, and there was a back alley-way type sandy path to take straight to the beach. We couldn't have been happier with our actual room, but it is definitely not a large resort, so make sure you are aware of that (no daily cleaning).
My son and father loved playing shuffleboard on property for free. We also spent a lot of time in the pool, which , when we were there, was not crowded at all. There are actually two on property. The reason I give this property 4 stars instead of 5 is that the beach was not my favorite. I'm not sure if it's a seasonal thing, or a location thing, but there were little noseeums that did bite all of us, which was irritating. There were also little "creatures" on the beach...not sure what they are called, they were small, shelled creatures. If you scooped up a handful of shells for shelling, you'd get several live ones in your handful. Also, my husband noticed that as we swam, there were lots of dead ones floating around us in the water. Again, I'm not sure if it's just a seasonal thing or what, but that's the reason I didn't love the beach. We didn't go to any other beaches on the island, so I'm not sure if it's like that everywhere at this time of year, but that was my experience there. My kids still loved playing in the sand and looking through the shells, but I wouldn't return to this particular beach at this time of year again.
I do want to mention there were several sea turtle nests up and down the beach, protected by stakes, that we looked at from afar, and that was cool to see.
The unit provided a great home base to go out from to see other sights on the island, so its central location was also very nice. The closest grocery/supply store, Bailey's, was just up the road, and my husband made several trips there getting us food and beach supplies.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingMama19

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our property. Being on an island is enchanting in so many ways...tropical vegetation, wildlife, the ocean, an abundance of sea shells and wonderful natives. Sometimes we have to put up with a few annoying Natives such as the NoSeeUms. They just LOVE to nibble on some people. While most over the counter spray can take care of them, there are still a few that are very persistent. Unfortunately, that is not under my control and we do our best to warn our guests of their presence. The great thing is that a little ocean breeze will blow them away but on those quiet balmy nights there is just no keeping them at bay other than long pants and sleeves. The live creatures you encountered in the sand could have been either Sand Fleas which are excellent bait or a shell called the coquina. Both are harmless and have many positive effects on our nature and environment. Hope you come again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed Nov 2012 in Pineapple Bldg 2nd floor. Enjoyed morning coffee on balcony watching sunrise, spectacular evening sunsets on beach. Very clean, spacious, nicely decorated and landscaped. Pool cozy and heated. Free beach chairs, tiki hut, wine & cheese party, beach grass and dunes gave old Florida feel. Rented bikes for week at hotel and rode all over island including Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, lighthouse, CROW, Taste of the Islands event. Ate at the Island Cow (favorite), Doc Ford's and the Bubble Room. Kayaked in the mangroves (yikes!) Location the best on Sanibel, staff were wonderful. Next time want to try the Blueberry Cottage.

Room Tip: Beach views from 2nd floor Pineapple bldg.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Daryl2670
Sanibelblondie, Owner at Waterside Inn on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Wow, sounds like you had the time of your life! That's what vacations are made of - good times, great location, and super customer service. So glad you got to experience Sanibel Island and Waterside Inn. We appreciate you choosing us to help with your vacation. Hope to see you again soon!