Waterside Inn on the Beach
US$265
US$209
TripAdvisor
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
US$354
Official Site
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
US$250
US$212
Hotels.com
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$255
Travelocity
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)
US$374
US$363
US$309
US$246
Travelocity
Beachview Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$233
Parrot Nest(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$143
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspineapple lodgethe cottagesthe kitchenold floridashuffleboard courtlounge chairspalm treesliterally stepsrent bikesshort drivelaid backsmall poolwest gulf drivesecond floorair conditionerstaff was very friendly and helpfulbug spray
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2007

I love coming to Sanibel and staying at the Waterside Inn. As a child my family visited the island every summer. Now as an adult it is absolutely my favorite and most reslaxing vacation. I sometimes travel alone and feel completely safe at the Waterside Inn. All of the staff are friendly. Shelling (and lots of it) is wonderful. I can't tell you how many shells I have found over the years and I am still drawn to get more. By the second day I have the "Sanibel Stoop." Only good things to say. Rooms are clean considering you are always bringing in sand. I would recommend the Waterside Inn to everyone-and I have.

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank Midwestsheller
Reviewed 3 May 2007

My husband, two daughters, ages 8 and 5, and I had the opportunity for a Florida vacation. After spending time at very busy Clearwater Beach we wanted our kids to see Sanibel Island with all its shells and dolphins. With no reservation, we headed there on Monday morning and stopped at the Visitor's Center. They have a list of all the island's hotel vacancies for the night, and if you book from there...great deals. I asked the staff if they could recommend a few "affordable" beach front hotels. The Waterside Inn was our first call, and where we stayed, and it was wonderful!

The staff we met were very friendly and accomodating, our room was clean, the price was right, and the location was perfect. I will admit, there were a few things that could be improved upon. The screen to our balcony (which had a beautiful view of the ocean) had a rip in it-keeping us from keeping the slider open as we had hoped, and the bathroom needs a makeover soon. However, we all loved the small pool and it's setting, and we shared it temporarily with only one other person, the proximity of the beach, where there were very few people-a welcome sight after the business of Clearwater Beach. I'm looking forward to staying again in the future, and definitely for more than just one night!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed 29 April 2007

First WARNING - Waterside clams to be smoke free environment, thats crap, all it means is your room is smoke free. Smoking on the grounds, the pool and on the balconies of all of the room around you. If you are a non-smoker stay away!

Second Warning - On the weekends the Florida "trailer trash" arrive with their out of control children and pick-up trucks and they are all smokers.

Other than the smoke and the weekend people the place is great, clean rooms and friendly staff.

Boston, MA

Stayed: April 2007
6  Thank BostonMAguy
Reviewed 17 April 2007

Just got back from a nice long weekend stay at the Waterside Inn and had a great time. My husband and I (and our little sheltie dog) decided we needed a little break from the hustle and bustle of Miami so I researched dog friendly places and found a great spot at Waterside Inn. We stayed in the Apricot cottage. It's their honeymoon cottage and we found it to be a quiant little cottage with all the basics you'll need. They provide you with all the basic appliances for dining in, even dish detergent and paper towels...just bring the food. The bedroom was kind of small with limited closet space but it did have a king size bed. The beach was just a few feet away with gorgeous sunsets and lots of shells to entertain you for hours. The staff was friendly and very helpful in suggesting places to visit and restaurants for dining. We definitely plan on visiting Sanibel Island again and staying at the Waterside Inn.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FLLoveLife
Reviewed 28 March 2007

I have only good things to say about the Waterside Inn. It's a little piece of heaven, wonderful for the price, clean, and the views are awesome. I would recommend this to anyone.
My wife, two sons and I stayed there for three days. We didn't want to leave. We had room 127 (2nd floor of the Pineapple efficiencies, 2nd unit in from the ocean). The views were fabulous.
Our boys really enjoyed the heated pool. We liked walking around the grounds, strolling down to the beach and collecting shells. One night, the bright orange sun setting into the ocean took our breath away. We enjoyed a cocktail as the sun set on a warm March evening while back in New York they were getting ready for a snowstorm. Does it get any better than this?
And on the day you check out, they allow you to stay for the day at the beach or pool and they even have a little cottage you can shower and change in.
It's a lovely little place of pastel colors and palms. We've made it a goal to get back here.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Florida-fan-7