We stayed in A-35 in June of 2014. The condo was in perfect condition and very clean. The one thing I think that could be better about the room itself was that it is not equipped with much. There is silverware and bowl/cups, but other than that as far as kitchen utensils, not much. NOT EVEN A BOTTLE OPENER!! The fan in the lanai is great!
The entire grounds of Pointe Santo de Sanibel was just breathtaking. You really do feel as if you are in the Caribbean or something. Palm trees and coconut trees are everywhere (in fact you could see coconuts growing about 15 feet away from our lanai). The vegetation is beautiful with tropical flowers and wildlife everywhere.
It is a very short elevator ride and walk to the pool/hot tub and beach from the A building. The pool was very clean as was the hot tub. The pool is not super large, but I never felt that it was over crowded, there was always chairs available if you needed one. The sun deck on top of the pool building provides amazing views of the beach and the entire compound. The kids activities that the pool center offers are a nice touch for younger kids.
The beach is beautiful. Remember, we were here in June and it was not too hot/humid at all. The weather was absolutely beautiful. NOTICE - THERE ARE A LOT OF SHELLS ON THE BEACH! If you did not know that before you decided to vacation on Sanibel Island, then that is your own fault. I did not wear water shoes once the entire week and was fine. Once you get about 6 feet past the waters edge, the sand is extremely soft on your feet in the ocean. The sand volleyball court is a very nice touch as well.
The wildlife here is awesome. The birds flying around, turtles in the lagoon/pond, itty bitty frogs jumping around, geckos at night, sand dollars everywhere in the ocean, we caught about 10 starfish, just amazing. There were plenty of people fishing from the sides of the beach and they were catching fish. ANOTHER NOTICE - THE BUGS COME OUT WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN. We never had any issues with bugs during the day, but if you would like to be outside after the sun goes down, make sure to use bug spray.
I really have nothing negative to say about Point Santo de Sanibel. The one small annoyance is that the trash dumpsters are all the way back by the road at the entrance to the parking lots and you have to walk your trash all the way out there, but I suppose I would rather have that than the smell and bugs around the complex!
We really enjoyed Pointe Santo de Sanibel so much that we are planning on returning next summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pointe Santo de Sanibel is an upscale condominium resort located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Our family resort features a gulfside pool and whirlpool, a clubhouse, 2 tennis courts, shuffleboard, beach volleyball and a supervised children's program. The grounds feature extensive tropical landscaping along a romantic lagoon crisscrossed by quaint bridges and walkways, Tiki huts and BBQ grills. All individually owned units feature a screenedmlanai with a Gulf view, full kitchens, individually controlled AC, cable & Wi-Fi. Pointe Santo is close to the bike path, "Ding" Darling wildlife refuge, theater, restaurants, and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pointe Santo de Sanibel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Santo De Sanibel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Pointe Santo De Sanibel Island
- Point Santo Sanibel Island
- Pointe Santo De Sanibel Sanibel Island, Florida