“Snotty attitudes has put me off returning”
Review of Sanibel Day Spa

Sanibel Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 25 years, the Sanibel Day Spa has provided exemplary spa and salon services. Offering 10 private treatments for massage therapy, advanced skincare, reflexology, body treatments, hair removal and more. Step into our salon for color, cuts, highlights, Keratin, natural nail manicure/pedicures, 2-week manicure, makeup application and ear piercing.
Dublin, Ireland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Snotty attitudes has put me off returning”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I recently had my hair done for my brothers wedding ,in this store. My stylist was impressive. I gave her three styles that I liked ,and she somehow Incorporated them all into one. My hair looked amazing. The service itself is a bit chilly, it's not the service I'm used to at home here in Ireland. It truly did feel like they just wanted my money. However My stylist truly did make me feel good. If it wasn't for her i'd be rating this a v.low score. The customer service and snotty attitudes of other stylists could be dealt with. I got lucky with my hairdresser but others def need to be re-trained! I didn't choose the venue my sister in law did, and although I was impressed by the outcome of my hair look, I personally wouldn't choose it(again). They;re prices are a little high for what was offered/given. It's a mixed bag I think. Whilst I got great hair, two other people in our party of seven came away very unsatisfied.

Seeing a stylist moan at a manager at the front desk without a care for the fact that customers are quite within ear shot ,and are looking at you is really unprofessional. You have back-rooms do that there, or just hold it in. There is a time and a place for everything.

Visited June 2014
6 Thank lisafaceire88
SanibelDaySpa, Owner at Sanibel Day Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our business. While I am delighted that you loved your hair, I am concerned about other items you mentioned. I would certainly like to hear in more detail so I may handle it with the appropriate staff member. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and great customer service so this is something of a concern. A client is always welcome to express their opinions about their style. If a client doesn't care for a style, we will happily do it over or if need be, find another stylist. We have an unsurpassed reputation on the island's for bridal party services and work to keep that on a daily basis. I certainly hope that on your next visit to Sanibel you stop in again.

Milwaukee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I just finished my second visit for hair color and I am sad I am not more impressed. The first time I came in the stylist assessed my overly bleached out hair (FL sun) and decided I needed to be darker and that she would even out the color. It turned out a lot darker than I wanted but I figured it would eventually fade so I accepted it. The real problem was that when the shampoo girl went to clean up the sides of my face, the color had seeped so completely into my skin that it couldn't be removed. I literally had a brown sideburn on one side of my face and staining on the other and it lasted over 2 weeks. That poor girl scrubbed and scrubbed. I went back a few weeks later thinking I could just tell the stylist to watch the hairline and she was very snippy about my complaining. She said it was impossible to just get the hair alone. Although the second time she did use oil around my hairline. Which helped tremendously, along with her being much more careful. Even the shampoo girl remembered me and commented about how neat she had been this trip. I have been getting my hair colored for 27 years so I know how things work. After this visit she just said goodbye and ran away into the spa. I guess they don't want to hear criticism. I am now going to be leaving the island for hair appointments which is a real pain since I haven't had good luck on island.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank MUFanMilwaukee
SanibelDaySpa, Owner at Sanibel Day Spa, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our business. I am so sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. This issue will certainly be addressed with your stylist. I certainly hope you would give us another try, maybe with one of our other stylists on your next visit. I would love to speak with you personally. On your next trip to the island, please stop in and ask for me by name.
Mentor, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A MUST VISIT!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This place should not be missed in your plans to rest and relax! My daughter and I had a fabulous manicure and also a full body massage with Amy and Jacqueline. This staff was awesome and we had a great time!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Carol H
Thank you so much Carol for taking the time to review our business. We strive to give each of our clients a memorable experience. We are delighted to hear that both you and your daughter enjoyed your day with us. Amy and Jacqueline are true gems and appreciated your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best massage on Sanibel”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have been visiting Sanibel for over 20 years and enjoyed a massage or two on every trip. Whilst I have tried other spas none of them have been as good as the Sanibel Day Spa. Whilst it is not cheap you do get what you pay for. I my latest visit ( January ) I enjoyed two very good deep tissue massages with Crystal and will be back for more in May!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Richard C
SanibelDaySpa, Owner at Sanibel Day Spa, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our business. I am so pleased you enjoyed your massages with Krystal. Yes, she is excellent. We are fortunate to have won the best of the island "Best Massage" for over 10 years in a row! Our staff is exceptional! We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Saint Louis, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Pricey ... even for Sanibel!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

There isn't much competition on Sanibel for a mani/pedi only. As far as I know, there is only one. This leaves this shop with a captive audience. Not having time for a pedi before leaving the day after Thanksgiving, I went for what I thought would be a real treat considering the price of a pedi is $50. What I received was not nearly as professional as I expected. The woman doing my pedicure did not seem to have a consistent system compared to the woman next to her and her polish finish was very sloppy. Instead of my pedi lasting several weeks as expected, I will find myself going back to my usual place with the comfy chairs and bubbly foot bath. Guess that's not so bad!

My advice is to get that pedi before you vacation and save the money for a nice lunch.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank SailAway53
Thank you for offering a review of our business. We strive to exceed the expectations of each client and take great pride in our service value. I am sorry your visit wasn't entirely enjoyable. With 5 other salon/spas within miles from us we did extensive research on pricing and formulated our pricing structure from that research. We feel we our prices are quite competitive and actually lower in many instances. We will certainly review our pricing and adjust where necessary. I would love the chance to earn your positive feedback, so please try us again and ask for me by name on your next visit.