This was our first trip to Sanibel, and we had struggled with the question of where to stay for months. We wanted a centrally located place, close to the beach, with as many amenities as possible (yes, we wanted it all). However, we also wanted a quiet family friendly place as well since we had 2 young girls. You can see why it took us months to find a place.
After sifting through tripadvisor's reviews, we settled on Island Inn, and boy, am I glad we did. We stayed at the Matthews Cottage and it was wonderful. Imagine a beautiful quaint home right on the beach. We had daily maid service, and had easy access to the pool and beach.
Because of a reservation screw up on my end, we had to move to the Kimball Lodge the last night. (side note: management worked wonders and was able to find a place at the Lodge even though it was totally my fault). I was prepared for the worst. However, what I was NOT prepared for was the absolutely wonderful view of the Gulf and the nice quality of the room. By no means was the room as large or as convenient as the cottage, but it served our needs.
A quick comment about the breakfast. Perhaps others have higher expectations than I do, but the breakfast was filling, tasty and best of all, it was included as part of your room cost. I don't know what more I could have wanted.
Before we left, we met a fellow vacationer who warned us about the popularity of the Island Inn. He recommended booking as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I did not heed his warning, and failed to book a room for next year when I checked out. In any case, my family and I hope to go back to the Inn as soon as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted "Best Inn on the Island," the Island Inn, with its combination of old Florida cottages and modern lodges, sits on 10 beautiful Gulf front acres, offering 550 feet of beach with some of the best shelling in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Sanibel Island
- Island Sanibel
- Island Resort Sanibel
- Is Sanibel
- Island Inn Sanibel Island, Florida