We are staying at Island Inn on Sanibel Island for a couple of days. It is early December. The inn has totally refurbished its rooms(Kimball Lodge), but has maintained its historic feel. It is situated right on the water. The service has been excellent. We rented bikes right at the hotel and saw the whole Island. The bird sanctuary was very cool to see, especially by bike. So many different birds close up.
I enjoyed sitting out on in the lanai in the evenings. Two different but perfect sunsets. You really cannot go wrong choosing this place.
Tip: we figured out that the couch pullout is really an air mattress (with a control) after the first uncomfortable night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted "Best Inn on the Island," the Island Inn, with its combination of old Florida cottages and modern lodges, sits on 10 beautiful Gulf front acres, offering 550 feet of beach with some of the best shelling in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Sanibel Island
- Island Sanibel
- Island Resort Sanibel
- Is Sanibel
- Island Inn Sanibel Island, Florida