We stayed in the cottage closest to the beach. Location, none better and that gets us to the 4 stars here. Nothing beats being able to walk right out there to the ocean.
The staff… nice.
The cottage… well it was way outdated. I love a good charming place but it wasn't that either. I don't find rust on the fridge and ancient appliances "charming". The pillow gave my husband a neck ache which hindered him for the rest of the vacation… he never has this problem so that was unexpected. The beds… weren't too bad but every time you moved the headboard hits the wall so each time our son or we moved, it would bang the wall and wake us up LOL These are the things that make memories I guess but when you're dealing with it, it's not amusing really, no matter how lighthearted you are!
The TV and cable was fine, the wifi worked which was nice. Couldn't miss our Thanksgiving football!
The cottage is also very small… 2 beds, which we knew going in but the door to the outside enters through the BATHROOM.. the one and only bathroom, which was awkward so we always used the sliding door on the other side of the cottage and hoped nobody from housekeeping would ever walk in on one of us while in the bathroom!....
To give you perspective, we are a 4 person family… 2 teens and 2 adults. The other half of our cottage was vacant and boy it would have been nice if someone had told us that and offered us a deal to rent that side so we could have a little more room (and another bathroom!) but didn't happen. Missed opportunity there.
Breakfast was free and not bad.. nothing elaborate though but I wasn't going to cook in the kitchen provided in our cottage :(
We stayed Thanksgiving eve and Thanksgiving day… departed the day after the holiday.
We give 4 stars here because the beach warrants it, as do the other amenities… tennis, shuffleboard, small pool, the coolest and most prevalent seashells… and the staff. Just wish for the grand price we paid that the cottage would have been more updated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted "Best Inn on the Island," the Island Inn, with its combination of old Florida cottages and modern lodges, sits on 10 beautiful Gulf front acres, offering 550 feet of beach with some of the best shelling in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Sanibel Island
- Island Sanibel
- Island Resort Sanibel
- Is Sanibel
- Island Inn Sanibel Island, Florida