“Reasonable price, clean, casual tropical feel”
Review of The PalmView

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
The PalmView
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Palm View is a very pleasant 60's vintage motel that has been maintained and enhanced. I stayed in the Caloosa/Unit 1 for 3 nights. It was very clean and had bright and cheerful colors. The bed was comfortable, refrigerator clean, and the a/c worked well if a little noisy on occasion. The floors are vintage terrazzo and the bathroom tiles are original but clean. There are 2 flatscreen tvs and the place is well laid out.

The neighborhood is quiet and it is about 1 1/2 blocks at the most to the beach. Easy access. The grounds of the Palm View were attractive, with the Royal Palms, a mango, a coconut, a mahogany and a variety of other plants. There are a couple of outside sitting areas that were pleasant. Bikes were available and were in good shape. The place could use some chairs in front of the units perhaps and a bit more landscaping, but it is really a nice looking place.

This would be a good place for going solo, with family, or a group of friends. It is not fancy, no pool/hot tub, nor is it on the beach. It is clearly a vintage 60's motel, but is bright and cheerful. Anyone with reasonable expectations or that likes the feel of old Florida should enjoy the place. Probably not the best fit for high maintenance types. The price is reasonable especially by Sanibel's over priced standards and it's a very easy and short walk down a path to the beach so Palm View is certainly a good option. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Caloosa/Unit 1 had good light
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank donOrlando

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was our first visit to stay on the island and it was a very pleasant surprise. Although the weather was not very cooperative we certainly made the most of it. Upon arrival at The Palm View (which was exactly how the pictures looked) Laurie the manager left a sweet note on the door of the office welcoming us as we arrived in the evening. The cottage was equipped with everything we needed although the only thing I concerned myself with was a coffee maker .As I am a clean fanatic it certainly passed my white glove test! Having bicycles at our disposal was a great perk even though it rained most of the time we were there,we still rode them to the beach which was only three or so blocks away .Having two rainy days there we found great shopping which always makes me happy.And the restaurants we visited were very pleasing to the palette. My family and I truly enjoyed our mini get a way and would certainly visit the island and most definitely The Palm View again, hopefully sooner than later.Thanks to Cindy the owner for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Close to beach, roomy, charming, clean, quiet. There are bicycles available to use-free, which is a serious plus, because many people don't want to bring their own bicycles. The hotel is only a block and half away from beach, which is a very easy and safe walk. The size and charm of the accommodation was very appealing.

Wonderful place to stay, as friends, couple, or family.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LFalko
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I have been going to Sanibel and staying at the Palm View and Sandpiper Inn for many years. I don't even know where to begin to tell you how lucky I am to have found this place. It is always very comfortable and clean and a good value. They are very accommodating. They have bikes to use if you didn't bring your own. They have beach chairs and umbrellas. It is a very short walk to the beach. They have a variety of rooms from mutli-bedrooms to efficiencies. Everything is always in working order and up to date such as flat screen T.V.'s. Try it. I doubt you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Really only positives about this place. Room very comfortable, well decorated. Short walk from beach and nearby restaurants, and bikes available to borrow. Also 2 beach chairs and an umbrella to be easily taken and carried on your shoulders. When we arrived the innkeeper was not there but she left a note on the office's window welcoming us. We did not cook but everything would have been available if we wanted to.
AC was a little noisy but it was not too hot and I switched it off at night
We would definitively return

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Our first visit to Sanibel. We enjoyed a very quiet stay at the Palm View in the Caloosa. A short walk to the beach with the beach chairs provided by the resort slung over our shoulders. We had not very cooperative weather--warm but rainy one day and threatening rain another. I appreciated having a living room with comfortable furniture to read while the rain poured down. The full kitchen was great since I am a breakfast eater and my husband is not. No need to go out for every meal. The bathroom is a little dingy--the tile around the toilet looks very worn--but functional with a nice shower. Overall, I would stay there again if we return to Sanibel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here while visiting family on the island for four days. Most importantly, everything was exceptionally clean and quiet. We were able to walk to the beach (barely a block away) and several restauarants and businesses on the island. We used the free bikes the inn provided (they were very new) to enjoy the warm weather and get to places further away. The flat screen TV's in both the living room and bedroom as well as the DVD player were great at night, and the even have free movies available in the office, including new releases. We couldn't be happier with our stay at The PalmView and our trip to Sanibel, and we plan on being regular customers in the years to come.

• Stayed: March 2013