The Tarpon Tale Inn was PARADISE! We spent one week there in March and LOVED our stay. The rooms were clean, clean, clean and sooo comfortable. I have never stayed anywhere so spotless! The bed mattresses were knew and extremely comfortable. Dawn, our host was the sweetest person in the world and so helpful with all island hints. The private beach is about 1 block away down a cute dirt road. We took the free bikes which made it a quick two minute ride.
Some hints for your trip: Lighthouse Cafe for breakfast (right across the road:>)
Grandma Dots for lunch...loved the fried oysters
And the Sanibel Streak house for dinner.
We loved our stay at the Tarpon Tale and look forward to returning in June.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tarpon Tale Inn is a charming, family run property on the east end of Sanibel, a short walk from the island's famous shelling beaches, the lighthouse and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Each of our cottage style accommodations has its own distinct character, and range from cozy efficiencies to spacious one bedroom suites. We hope you'll choose the Tarpon Tale Inn as your home on Sanibel. You'll find the Florida you're looking for! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Tarpon Tale Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarpon Tale Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tarpon Tale Inn Sanibel Island, Florida