This was our first trip to Sanibel and we couldn't have asked for anything better!! I read all the reviews before booking a room at the Tarpon Tale Inn and I was not disappointed at all. We stayed in the "Birdhouse", which is small, but not too small for a husband and wife to enjoy it. We loved absolutely everything about the Tarpon Tale from our room, the setting, the quietness, the lack of hassle, the hot tub (which we did use), the seating area outside of our room..basically just EVERYTHING!! The owners are quite perfect! It is definitely a laid back atmosphere. Everything that you could possibly need is there for you at the Inn from beach towels, bikes, shelling equipment, washer/dryer use, hammocks, utensils, dishware, soap, hair dryer, microwave, mini-fridge and well the bed in the "Birdhouse" is the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept on. I actually had to jump up to get into the bed..Just Amazing! I cannot say enough of great things about the Tarpon Tale! We didn't find one down side to the whole place. It's an open door policy and there is no daily housekeeping, which was perfect for us because we don't like to be bothered while on vacation. You just replace your towels and wash rags yourself. So if you feel you need to be pampered while staying somewhere this is not the place for you!! It's about a 5 min. walk to beach, but no major roads to cross, or a 2 min. bike ride to the beach, which we enjoyed doing. Shelling is amazing! My husband even did some fishing on the beach right at the Tarpon Tale. It was just everything we could've asked for and more! Thanks so much Joe and Dawn for a wonderful stay and we will without a doubt come back again!!! P.S: I love Edgar. He was always a delight while sitting out in the evening hours for company, really made me feel at home!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tarpon Tale Inn is a charming, family run property on the east end of Sanibel, a short walk from the island's famous shelling beaches, the lighthouse and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Each of our cottage style accommodations has its own distinct character, and range from cozy efficiencies to spacious one bedroom suites. We hope you'll choose the Tarpon Tale Inn as your home on Sanibel. You'll find the Florida you're looking for! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Tarpon Tale Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarpon Tale Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tarpon Tale Inn Sanibel Island, Florida