“LOVE”
Review of Tarpon Tale Inn

Tarpon Tale Inn
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at the inn for our first wedding anniversary and we just feel in love! Sanibel was like a magically place for us. Everything was quite literally perfect! The room was just the right size for us. my husband and I both are animals lovers. we left two dogs back home and it was so great to be able to see Edgar the Inn cat. He's super adorable despite the fact that he's missing an eye. Edgar always came running to us when we pulled into the parking space. At night he would come in a sleep under the bed for a little bit. We stayed at the inn from October 29 thru Nov 3. The weather was PERFECT! Loved this place and dream of the day we can go back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2010

We spent four days/three nights on Sanibel and at the Tarpon Tale Inn. Prior to booking, one of the inn owners, Joe, was very informative about the ammenities, recommendations on the island, and directions. He continued to be nothing but great our entire stay. We barely heard the guests in the neighboring rooms. The room was spotless. The bathroom was clean and stocked with two full sets of fresh towels. The bed was comfortable and I didn't have trouble sleeping any of the nights. You are assigned a parking spot - it's nice to come back and always have a spot waiting! Although we only used the bikes one or two times, not having to worry about renting them was helpful. There is free wireless internet, but you have to be close to the office to get a good signal. The Inn also provides beach umbrellas, chairs, floats, etc. as part of their stay. There's also a nice Weber grill for cooking - we took advantage of this to grill up some tasty Mangrove Snappers we'd caught on Blind Pass one afternoon. My bf made the comment that he already wanted to come back to Sanibel the next year and didn't want to book our stay ANYWHERE BUT the Tarpon Tale Inn. We're hoping to make some weekend trips to Sanibel, too, as it's just a short two hour drive South from Tampa Bay!

I would definitely recommend the Tarpon Tale Inn. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact the owners - they will be more than happy to help you with your questions!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I just came back from a week by myself at Tarpon Tale. I got a good rate on one of the largest units, since it was for a week, and what a luxury that was. LR w/ kitchen and a big bedroom with French doors leading to my own private hammock, two TV's and DVD player. I spent hours in the hammock, reading and just doing not much of anything. It's across the street from the only restaurant on that end of the island, opposite the famous ice cream parlor, with two deli's. I found the bicylcles in terrible shape and so rented one from Billy's. When the Tarpon Tale bikes were serviced a few days later, I told the owner, who refunded my rental fee. Nice. The office is open 24/7 with a guest phone and computer. You can't go very far without a car, so I rented one for 24 hrs., which was just enough. I took an evening boat trip out of Tarpon Bay, did some food shopping, etc. It was extremely relaxing to be in Sanibel and I'm so glad I did it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Stayed here last week for 3 nts. Enjoyed the stay very much. Have stayed in two other similar places nearby but this is the best. Very friendly and helpful owners.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2009

A wonderfully relaxed and peaceful place to stay for a few days

Convenient for the beach (make sure you have insect repellent) but very little in terms of restaurants within walking distance

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We stayed 2 nights in the Seashell room, which had a full kitchen. Reservations were made online. The room was clean and spacious with a king size bed, a dining room table, and a sofa. Tarpon Tale only has 8 rooms. Amenities include a hot tub, bicycles, and wireless internet in the office and in rooms close to the office (like ours). Across the street are a cafe, a deli, an ice cream shop, and a shell store. Next door is another cafe. It took about 5 minutes to walk to the beach or you can bike there in half the time. On the southern end of Sanibel, so we had to drive to the restaurants, but the island is only about 10 miles long so it was no big deal. No maid service, but fresh towels and sheets are readily available. Each room has a private patio. The shower needed to be recaulked and the air conditioner struggled to keep the room cool. However, the quiet, garden setting was just what we needed. If you're looking for nightlife, don't stay here. If you're looking for a nice, clean, place to relax at a great price, stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cztz
Reviewed 18 July 2009

This was our first trip to Sanibel and we couldn't have asked for anything better!! I read all the reviews before booking a room at the Tarpon Tale Inn and I was not disappointed at all. We stayed in the "Birdhouse", which is small, but not too small for a husband and wife to enjoy it. We loved absolutely everything about the Tarpon Tale from our room, the setting, the quietness, the lack of hassle, the hot tub (which we did use), the seating area outside of our room..basically just EVERYTHING!! The owners are quite perfect! It is definitely a laid back atmosphere. Everything that you could possibly need is there for you at the Inn from beach towels, bikes, shelling equipment, washer/dryer use, hammocks, utensils, dishware, soap, hair dryer, microwave, mini-fridge and well the bed in the "Birdhouse" is the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept on. I actually had to jump up to get into the bed..Just Amazing! I cannot say enough of great things about the Tarpon Tale! We didn't find one down side to the whole place. It's an open door policy and there is no daily housekeeping, which was perfect for us because we don't like to be bothered while on vacation. You just replace your towels and wash rags yourself. So if you feel you need to be pampered while staying somewhere this is not the place for you!! It's about a 5 min. walk to beach, but no major roads to cross, or a 2 min. bike ride to the beach, which we enjoyed doing. Shelling is amazing! My husband even did some fishing on the beach right at the Tarpon Tale. It was just everything we could've asked for and more! Thanks so much Joe and Dawn for a wonderful stay and we will without a doubt come back again!!! P.S: I love Edgar. He was always a delight while sitting out in the evening hours for company, really made me feel at home!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erika1204
Dawn R, Owner at Tarpon Tale Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Thank you!!!