We stayed at the Tarpon Tale Inn just this past weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday. We only spent one night but it was perfect! Upon check in there was a note on a board for us with directions to our cabin. No one was in the office. We went to the cabin and it was very "beachy" and cute. We were in the Seashell #2 - there are bicycles you can borrow to ride to the beach and an ice cream shop across the street and also a small deli with delicious breakfast sandwiches. The Inn is in a nice location away from traffic and close to the Lighthouse beach. It was everything we needed for a night away. When I tried to check out - there wasn't anyone in the office again so I just left the key in the room. Our entire stay we never saw anyone that worked there - but then again we didn't really need anything. We joked that it was run by ghosts! This was a perfect little place to relax. Definitely go to Bowman Beach near Captiva Island, and try to go during the off season where prices are cheaper and the traffic isn't bad. Remember too that you have to pay a $6 toll to get to Sanibel from Ft. Myers and to park at the beaches - it's $2/hour. But worth it for a weekend -perfect for a couple! We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tarpon Tale Inn is a charming, family run property on the east end of Sanibel, a short walk from the island's famous shelling beaches, the lighthouse and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Each of our cottage style accommodations has its own distinct character, and range from cozy efficiencies to spacious one bedroom suites. We hope you'll choose the Tarpon Tale Inn as your home on Sanibel. You'll find the Florida you're looking for! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Tarpon Tale Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarpon Tale Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tarpon Tale Inn Sanibel Island, Florida