“Great beach property!”

Sanibel Cottages Resort
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The location of this property is great - steps to the beach. It has great access to the many bike trails on the island. Local bike rental businesses will deliver and pick up bikes directly to the property including bike helmets and locks. The 2 story buildings (no elevator) are set up in a "horseshoe" fashion with a large pond and gazebo in the center. The pool/hot tub are located on a lawn just in front of the beach...The units, 2BR/2BA are very nicely laid out. Our unit was on the 2nd floor which afforded a great view of the gulf with a very large outdoor balcony which also had a large screened porch with table/chairs for outdoor dining. Master bedroom quite large with plenty of storage space - large bathroom had large soaking tub and separate show - 2nd BR had 2 twin beds and bathroom had combo shower/tub. Washer/dryer in the unit which is always appreciated as it allows you to pack a lot less and avoid the hassle of having to check bags at the airport. Would love to come back again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank MarinaUW

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Right by the beach but so green and beautiful around the pool and condo. First class facilities and very well maintained by very helpful staff. Reluctant to publish this in case the spell is broken, but maybe mr Frommer has done that by making Sanibel his personal no1

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank costadelsolent
Reviewed 5 April 2012

On March 31, 2012 we drove from Key West, Florida to the Sanibel Cottages in Sanibel Island, Florida, to find this resort to be wonderful! When we checked into our room, it was clean, smelled great, and was more than we expected. Our unit was #110 which had a direct view of the Gulf of Mexico which was stunning, and the 2 bedroom 2 bath unit was spacious and very up to date as far as the fixtures and furniture. Overall this resort made us feel welcome and 'at home. The atmosphere of the resort was very inviting, warm feeling, and comfortable. What was really amazing was that we went during Spring break time and yet the resort was not crowded with too many people. There were kids of all ages enjoying the various amenities of the resort which only added to the charm. It is definitely a place we will come back to, and will recommend it to everyone we know. Thanks Sanibel Cottages for providing us such a great place to stay for our 2nd week of vacation in Florida!

Room Tip: I believe every room will have a great view of the ocean. But #110 had a direct view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
15  Thank ExplorerScott
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at the cottages during spring break. It was very quiet and peaceful. The beach and pool were both very nice and clean. We stayed on the top floor so it was a haul to carry our luggage and groceries up the stairs. Consider this if you have elderly or handicap persons in your party. Also the floors are not soundproof so I am sure the people under us could hear us. I would not want to be on the bottom floor. The cottage was spacious and beautiful and the screened in porch was a delight. Enjoyed morning coffee and evening cocktails everyday bug free with a wonderful gulf view.

Room Tip: No elevators. Lots of stairs to the top unit and the floors are not soundproof, so the bottom units...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank nursedocstl4
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Recently, I contacted Martha at Sanibel Cottages to inquire about any vacancies for the last week of March. I received a return call the following Monday and was advised there were no vacancies and a waiting list was being compiled. As I was talking and telling Martha of my interest, she rudely hung up. I was speechless, I mean, I understand you're full, however, a little politeness would go a long way. I immediately called back and was put on hold, apparently, another person called during my conversation, perhaps more important. When Martha came back to the phone, there were no apologies, nothing, just a reply that it's basically hopeless so no need to bother with the wait list. If this is an indication of the 'service' level before your trip, buyer beware as I would never consider booking one of the owner condo timeshares. Perhaps some of the condo owners take notice as she is representing you and trust me, there are many beautiful places to stay on Sanibel (Casa Ybel, Jensen's, etc). And, they really need to update their website, what a disaster, the forum is of no use whatsoever and provides no value to visitors. So . . . no, I definitely would not recommend Sanibel Cottages, it's a nice place but with this level of service and uncaring attitude, why bother when there are no many other wonderful venues!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
46  Thank RandallE395
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We have come here for 25 years. A beautiful 2 bedroom unit, all units face the gulf. Easy walk (about a minute) to the Gulf. Units are fabulous. Three weeks of heaven for us. Office staff and grounds crew are all really nice people! Breakfast overlooking the water every morning. A quiet getaway. Near tons of excellent restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank stagsknights
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This resort is beautiful. It is quiet and the beach is lovely. Another review mentions that you won't have to contact management because the units are well equipped. This is true and it is a good thing. As I left I realized I need an address for a location. I had already locked the unit and was turning in the keys at the office. I asked if the desk agent could please look up an address for me. The response I received was a deadpan, "No." No explanation or apology, just, "No."
I left with a bad feeling about the resort due to this.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple