We recently stayed in Cottage 1A, the smallest unit of the attached four cottages. There are many things to like about Seahorse Cottages: bikes, helmets, beach chairs and umbrellas and a wagon to carry them to the beach, grills and laundry facilities are all provided for the guests free of extra charges. The pool is very small and not really for swimming although we found the garden surrounding it a nice place to sit and read after a trip to the beach. It is located off of but near Sanibel's commercial strip and close to the Causeway. We enjoyed the nearby restaurant, the Lighthouse Cafe as well as the East Side Deli. Our unit was very small and dark but the only one available during the week we were traveling. There are no windows in the bedroom except on the door and only one small window in the kitchen area that opened. Although there are sitting porches on both sides of 1A we still found it much too small. We did not see the other units at Seahorse but would definitely look for something larger if we return to Sanibel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seahorse Cottages is tranquil ground-level attached cottages nestled in a lush garden of tropical plants with a heated pool; located just 200 feet from the Bay beach and a block from the Gulf. All suites are comfortably furnished and include living area, bedroom, kitchen, bath and patio. Use of wireless Internet, bicycles and beach equipment is included. The peaceful setting and attention to detail makes Seahorse Cottages an ideal romantic destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Seahorse Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seahorse Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Seahorse Hotel Sanibel Island
- Seahorse Motel Sanibel Island
- Seahorse Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida