“What an awsome vacation!!”
Review of Seahorse Cottages

Seahorse Cottages
Reviewed 19 November 2010

My husband and I were looking for a quiet, clean vacation place on Sanibel. We surely found it at the Seahorse Cottages. Peggy is a great hostess, taking care of all your needs.The cottages are in a great location to access both sides of the islands beaches. We loved the use of the bikes, the little pool, the outside back porch, being able to walk/ride bikes to the lighthouse, and the cafe' for a great breakfast. The cottage had everything we needed and more than we expected. Thank you for everything - we are looking forward to returning for our next vacation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunshine4ever04079
There are newer reviews for Seahorse Cottages

Reviewed 8 November 2010

There isn't enough room to write our true feelings about Seahorse cottages. This was our second year spending a long weekend with Peggy and Keith at the cottages. This year we brought our families down with us and they also had a phenominal time. The cottages are quaint and give the true beach feel. The cottages are located on a delightful part of the island which is quiet. You feel like you have your own personal paradise. Peggy and Keith go out of their way to be sure you are comfortable. The complementary bikes are awesome and are great to tour the island. The beach is a quick walk. There are also cute shops, a great breakfast joint and the best ice cream on the island. We will be booking again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maimai701
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We had our best vacation ever in June at Seahorse Cottages on Sanibel.
The Richardson's are wonderful hosts and have provided everything you'll need except your food. The cottages are beautiful and immaculate, as are the grounds and so peaceful. Steps from the water on a pleasant path and secluded, I loved that. Big front porch with chairs and tables and a back patio where we ate all but one of our dinners. The furnishings are very nice and we slept well every night. All we needed was more time to spend on Sanibel Island, it was very hard to leave. Now all I want to do is plan my next trip, which will be for a longer time and we will definitely stay at Seahorse Cottages. We loved having the bikes furnished and were on them every day.
Thank you, Peggy & Keith, for this special place. My husband, Ray, was very contented and he's not one for staying anywhere but home. We hope to go back very soon. Arkansas Travelers

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sandy063
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We spent a week in the one bedroom. It's a great location. Very short walk to the bay side, reasonable walk to the gulf side. Overall, the property is quiet, cozy, and quaint.

It's great to have the wagons to pull your stuf to the beach, and the bikes to hop on if you want to take a spin. The inside of the room had everything you need. The pool is small but shaded and quiet, and very refreshing after a hot day at the beach.

All four units were mostly full the whole week we were there yet we hardly saw a soul. If you want a quiet, restful spot that is not a cookie cutter of the many condo developments on Sanibel, this is it.

Peggy and Keith are wonderful hosts and I have no doubt they would do anything they could to make your stay more pleasant. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I absolutely loved the charm and the peace and quiet. I was looking for a quiet getaway and Seahorse Cottages had everything I needed. With a short walk to the beach, and a front and back porch to relax on in the evenings, it was perfect. Free bicycles, laundrymat and the shell cleaning table, were great additions. My studio had a full kitchen.and I will be back this year! I have passed on my experience to countless people. The only drawbacks for some people would be the small pool and the small parking lot, but I have a small car and and was there for the beaches!! Lori

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank cayohueso1
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I was very pleased with the Seahorse cottages. The cottages were clean and well maintained. They were perfect for our family get together. Our trip consisted of 3 couples (parents in their 60s and adult children in their late 30s with significant others). We each had our own cottage, so we had our privacy. The back patios (also with privacy) were great to sit on in the a.m. and sip your morning coffee. The pool was great to have after a long day at the beach or just to chill in the evening. We had bikes (with baskets), wagons, towels, and laundry facilities available to us. If you like to save a little money on meals, the fully equipped kitchens and outdoor grills come in handy. One unit (#1) had a large front porch. That was nice for everyone to gather on and play board games or just chat. The cottages are just a minute walk away from the Bay which was a great place to view the sunrise. The cottages are just a 5 minute walk from the gulf which was a great place to shell. We liked the location, the east (lighthouse) end of the island. It was very quiet and peaceful. Easy access to Periwinkle Way which takes you anywhere you want to go on the island. The cottages are just around the corner from the Lighthouse Cafe, Rosie's market, and Pinocchio's ice cream. Again, a nice location. I would highly recommend the cottages.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2010

My husband and I vacation once every 4 or 5 years so I"m very particular about where we go when we do go. I did my research and decide on Seahorse Cottages. Peggy and Keith could not have been more accomodating and friendly! The place is beautiful and convenient to everything we wanted to do. (bikes are provided) When we got there, everything was clean, quaint, beautifully decorated and just when I thought there was something missing (i.e. in the kitchen), I found it. Just needed to get oriented. I plan on trying to go back to Seahorse Cottages yearly if I can. Quiet area, beautiful location and very friendly people.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family