What a disappointment to find the quaint looking cottage not clean, hair on the pillow, some gritty stuff on the sheet and a dirty tub. The cottage furnishings clearly needed updating. The sofa bed, for which they charged extra was very old, with a mattress that offered no protection from the metal bars. The smoke alarm went off around 2:30 a.m. and did not stop until the staff member came after 9:00 a.m., he blamed the batteries, and said we should have removed it. We tried at the risk of breaking our necks. He even had a hard time removing it.
I was not aware that pets were allowed at the cottages, and left after one day, because I ended getting bitten by bugs, all over both my legs, my chest and hands from sleeping on the sofa bed.
Ended up needing medical attention for the bites. Beachview Cottage claimed the exterminator did not find any bugs/fleas etc.. after I complained.
The cottage was close to the ocean, however, the water was murky and not inviting.
Was charged 25.00 extra per day, because I could not manage the second floor cottage because of bad knees. No mention of price difference on advertisement of cottages and no consideration for my handicap.
For disclosure's sake, I paid in advance for 2 days and
left after one day. I contested the charges for the entire awful experience and was partially refunded.
Very sad for my granddaughter who was looking forward to enjoying herself on Sanibel Island.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Beachview Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachview Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Beachview Hotel Sanibel Island
- Beachview Resort Sanibel Island
- Beachview Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida