We have visited Beachview off and on for over 40 years. It was not new when we started, and even though the owners have tried to make improvements, it is still a worn out property. The cottages have been updated, but still have a shabby feel to them. We have stayed in almost all of the rooms at one time or another. Some are better than others but none are great. Kitchen ware is sparse at best, and what's there is usually in only fair condition. The bathroom fixtures are dated. In recent visits, the air conditioning and heating units have been upgraded. In some units, the heat never worked and the cooling units were extremely noisy and ran 24 hours a day just to keep the inside at 78 to 80 degrees.
The management staff, however, are top notch. Lisa and Bob go out of their way to make guests feel at home. New top level management has recently changed and seem to think that the rooms are worth more than they actually are and are charging rates that are equal to much better places on the island.
The "on-the-beach" location is nice, but not good enough to warrant nearly $300 per day - even on Sanibel! We won't be returning.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Beachview Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachview Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Beachview Hotel Sanibel Island
- Beachview Resort Sanibel Island
- Beachview Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida