This is a great location for fishing at Blinds Pass and shelling on either side of the pass. The prices are good for the Sanibel area. It is a quick, easy walk to either side of the pass, maybe 3-4 minutes. If you are looking for a resort, which we were not, don't stay here, it's not a resort and is not priced like one. It felt much more private and less busy than a resort. although I believe it was fully occupied. It is great for us and this was not our first stay and wont be the last. They do not provide daily cleaning, which is fine with me. They provide a broom and dust pan so I do not understand the reviews complaining about sand...I assume most people know what the beach is (sand) and know how to sweep (its inevitable that sand will be brought in, that's why they provide a broom). We stayed in unit #33, it was upstairs and had great views of the bay with a decent size kitchen, master bedroom with walk in closet (which was really convenient) and a really neat little "extra room" with a daybed and curtain divider providing a little privacy and great views of the bay. We were not bothered by the early morning noise of the marina as some have mentioned...and we were directly above it. The only complaint I really have was that they no longer rent cottage #10 out. My husband and I looked at it last year and made plans to come at least once a month this summer and stay there but due to complaints about the "small size", they quit renting it out...which means we won't get our little mini vacations that I was looking forward to. The site stated that it was a very small unit so that is what you would expect, I don't know why some people had to complain and ruin it for the rest of us...thanks a lot. We found the size of unit #10 to be quite adequate for 2 people, bigger than the common motel room and about the same price so I don't know what they had to complain about, you just can't please some people! Please consider renting out unit #10 again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterview cottages, efficiencies, or motel units are surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico and beautiful Sunset Bay. Discover miles of sandy beaches, shelling, fishing, swimming, or just relaxing Island style. The Castaways is a touch of paradise you're sure to remember. World-class shelling and bird-watching. Great fishing from our private docks or in the Gulf of Mexico.Marina with canoe,kayak and bicycle rentals, charter captains, bait and other sundry items.Three restaurants and general store within walking distance. Heated swimming pool. Pet-friendly units available for guests who want their 4-footed friends to enjoy a true family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Castaways Cottages of Sanibel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaways Beach And Bay Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Castaways Beach And Bay Hotel
- Castaways Beach And Bay Resort
- Castaways Cottages Of Sanibel Sanibel Island, Florida