We LOVED this place! I was being incredibly picky on this trip - I wanted a place directly on the beach, not a block away or across the road and I wanted a kitchen (I don't know why - we never cooked). We found this on the internet and I had to stay here. Staff was sooo friendly and worked with me when we decided to stay an extra night at the last minute-asked if we could move to the house next to ours because ours was already booked but ended up we didn't have to. Staff was very helpful and answered several questions about the area. I had a problem with the hair dryer the first night about 11 p.m. and the guy brought me a brand new one over right then. The pool was great. The place was quiet and the beach was perfect. We loved our little porch and the shells that previous guests left behind in the plants by the steps. Stayed in one of the duplexes and couldn't hear a thing from our neighbors the entire time. Rooms were clean and kitchen was well supplied if we had decided to cook. My only complaint was we only had one sofa and one uncomfortable living room chair. Not that we spent much time inside but the three of us sat down to watch a movie one night and we ended up with two of us laying on the floor, which was not comfy. Also, would have been nice to have a tv in at least one bedroom - not a big deal though. Perfect location, close to Captiva and the beach was pretty quiet all the time. There are a couple restaurants close enough that you could walk to. We would have liked a more relaxed restaurant close by though , other than the Pink Flamingo (which was good but we were there almost every day).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterview cottages, efficiencies, or motel units are surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico and beautiful Sunset Bay. Discover miles of sandy beaches, shelling, fishing, swimming, or just relaxing Island style. The Castaways is a touch of paradise you're sure to remember. World-class shelling and bird-watching. Great fishing from our private docks or in the Gulf of Mexico.Marina with canoe,kayak and bicycle rentals, charter captains, bait and other sundry items.Three restaurants and general store within walking distance. Heated swimming pool. Pet-friendly units available for guests who want their 4-footed friends to enjoy a true family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Castaways Cottages of Sanibel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaways Beach And Bay Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Castaways Beach And Bay Hotel
- Castaways Beach And Bay Resort
- Castaways Cottages Of Sanibel Sanibel Island, Florida