“Delicious and fed 4 adults for under $30!”
Review of Island BBQ - CLOSED

Island BBQ
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We've found a new regular place in Sanibel! We chose it partially because island pizza is slow and annoying to get through to. Plus, we wanted something easy, inexpensive, and filling after a hot day in the sun. We ordered a half and half beach box and they let us substitute a half rack of ribs for the half pound of chicken. The person who helped us both on the phone and in person was very sweet and helpful. We are southerners and love BBQ. While the "sauce" that came on the pork wasn't traditional, it was very salty and had great flavor. We were very happy we ordered two extra sauces on the side. The island one was OK. A bit too tomato-y for out tastes. We liked the vinegar one better. I wish we had tried more. The pork was excellent quality and the ribs were a bit tough but flavorful. The pork looked like too small a portion at first, but we quickly discovered it was just very densely packed. Two sides came with the beach box and we chose Mac and cheese and fries. Mac and cheese was pretty good, but we will probably try something different next time. The fries were great and plentiful. Give this great place a try!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

On the island for a 4 generation family vacation, my parents, in their late 70's, wanted to host a meal but not cook or go out. They went to the a Island Barbecue and the staff were so helpful to assist in choosing portion sizes and to answer their questions about what was gluten free. They delivered the food on time and it was well packaged. The baked beans got rave reviews, the ribs, chicken and the pork were excellent. Portion sizes were generous and the gluten free sauces as well as the regular sauces were unique and tasty. This place will be a regular visit in the future

1  Thank Indyjfrisbee
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great value, taste and size for $6.00! Own a business on the island and am always looking for a good lunch value.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited Island BBQ for supper on a recent trip to Sanibel. My husband and I love BBQ, it is probably our favorite kind of food. We were so excited to try Island BBQ, but were a little worried because it did not have the best reviews on here. It is a very small place when you walk in. We order pulled pork, pulled chicken, and for our sides we got mac and cheese, sweet potato fries, and an order or corn bread. The cook was very nice. We talked to someone, whom I believe was the owner, while waiting for our food. We enjoyed our time waiting. It took about 20 minutes. We took our food back to the hotel to enjoy, and we were very impressed. The sweet potato fries with cinnamon sugar were some of the best I have ever tasted. We also loved the mac and cheese. We went here towards the end of our stay in Sanibel, I wish we had gone sooner so we could have went back a second time. I would definitely return on a future trip to Sanibel.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Its a little family run food shop. It did take a little while to get the food but prices are reasonable for the island and my beef brisket un-sandwhich was some of the best I've ever had. Plus we caught them right at the end of Lunch when they were closing for the afternoon and gave us a free sandwhich, not many places will do that!