“Good Day”
Review of Sanibel Causeway

Sanibel Causeway
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I like stopping on the causeway when we are going to the mainland. It is a nice place to put out a chair and enjoy the relaxing venue. There are restroom facilities..bring food and beverages. Parking was free. This is a busy place on weekends.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"boats"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We have been going to Sanibel for at least 20 years. The old causeway had a draw bridge which was interesting, but the wait was not. The new causeway now has the hill in it which saves time. The view as your crossing the causeway is awesome. We drive from Pa. and as soon as we hit the causeway we feel so relaxed. Our handicapped son knows exactly where he is as soon as we cross the causeway. The reason for the 4 rating is the cost. $6 is a lot to cross a bridge, which doesn't allow a lot of day trips. They used to sell passes to vacationist which discounted additional trips but they stopped that several years ago. They should offer a discounted rate to those leaving the island as long as they return within that day.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Enjoy your ride over the causeway..it is beautiful surrounded with water. The sun's refection creates the most dazzling sparkles on the water. I miss the draw bridge though.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Coming from Missouri to Fl , I couldn't wait to get to Sanibel Island. The sand is white and you can pick up sea shells by the sack full.
The next day my back was hurting. I was told the natives have a name for it. it is called the Sanibel stoop. How funny. it didn't last long. I shipped home all of my sea shells. We also ate our way through from Cape Coral to Orlando Fl. We stayed with family and it was wonderful .

1  Thank Moozarks
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 October 2013

That magical moment when we pass thru the toll booth, drive over the rise in the road and get our first view of the water around the causeway takes my breath away every time!! And based on the number of vehicles parked all along the causeway, the swimming, fishing, picnicking, etc., must be fantastic. There appears to be plenty of parking.