“Great experience”
Review of The Sandbar

The Sandbar
Price range: US$15 - US$47
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since opening in 2013, The Sandbar has become known for its incredibly fresh seafood and choice cuts of beef and pork. We take great pride in having the best service staff on the islands. Check out the reviews or come in and find out for yourself!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went with the fam, service was great, food was amazing. Had various appetizers, soup, kids meal and all was basically finished. The kids liked it and the servers were really good with them. We’d go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let's start by saying I would go there again. Dinner for two cost us $89 before tip. We had 2 sodas, 2 mains, and one salad, no starter. Kinda typical for most restaurants on either island for dinner unless super casual. Having said that, there are other places on the island with better atmosphere. Lacked much creativity - a bit outdated too. Had my doubts about whether the Filet Mignon I ordered would be any good. BUT, pleasant surprise! It was tender and tasty. Steak fries hot and great! Husband got the mahi and said it was very good. Caesar salad a bit boring. Bread very good. Service very good as well. There are cheaper choices on menu as you can see on their webpage (hamburger, etc) Appetizers looked good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are here because the reviews were great but really because our hotel was 100 yds away. We got there late, around 8:30pm. The host was super friendly as well as our waitress. Our food was so yummy! We ordered the spicy snapper and grouper appetizer. It was so good but too spicy for our girls. We then ordered the spring rolls for them and they had them out super fast! They were good as well. We had the blackened grouper, coconut snapper, salmon, and the teriyaki fillet skewers. Honestly, everything was delicious and fresh. We even ordered dessert- key lime pie and peanut butter pie (both were fab). We didn’t leave until well after closing but never felt rushed. The only bad thing I have to say is that it would be nice to have a better kids menu. My kids like real food like the local fish and steaks. We had to order them adult entrees. Great great food and service!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Last evening my husband and I dined at The Sandbar, as we wanted to try somewhere different for our last night on Sanibel Island. When we pulled into the parking lot, all that we saw was a nondescript little building, rather small in size. When we entered, we were early for our reservations, but were immediately seated. The interior was rather dark, but nice and cool, which was a plus as the heat index was over 100 degrees outside. I ordered a margarita, which was not the best I’ve ever had, but it was ok. My husband ordered the crab bisque, which he said was wonderful. I ordered the wedge salad, which I split with my husband as it was huge and prepared with the best blue cheese and smoked bacon crumbles that I’ve ever eaten on this type of salad. For our entree, we both ordered the grilled black grouper with garlic-lemon butter. What a treat! Absolutely the best grouper we’ve ever eaten, simply melted in your mouth. The accompanying veggies were simply and perfectly prepared as well. For dessert, a delicate crepe brûlée, with specks of vanilla bean throughout. This was an elegant meal that we thoroughly enjoyed-the best meal that we had during our visit to Sanibel Island!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I are on vacation and decided to celebrate our anniversary at the sandbar restaurant. This was because of the reviews on trip advisor. The hostess was very nice and seated us in a timely manner. Our server Jameson was attentive and very helpful in his suggestions. I ordered the ribeye and my wife ordered the macadamia encrusted grouper. Both were cooked to perfection. My wife said it was the best grouper she had ever eaten. We are florida natives so we have eaten a lot of local seafood. The sides were delicious also. If we lived locally, this would be our favorite restaurant.

1  Thank Jorrit K