“Good.......But Definitely Not the Best.......Breakfast”
Review of Lighthouse Cafe

Lighthouse Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We boldly state that we have the "world's best breakfast" and also serve lunch and dinner. Dinner is served seasonally from December 15th till April 30th but breakfast and lunch are served all year long, 7 days a week from 7am till 3pm. Dinner is served from 5pm till 9pm.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This family-owned restaurant has a cozy "hometown feeling" to it and the owner & servers also displayed that same attitude. They were definitely happy that we decided to join them for breakfast.

That being said, we both felt that the food was good, but not the best..... as they advertise. They do offer an extensive menu, in addition to a blackboard's listing of Daily Specials. The Toasted Coconut Waffles that I ordered was one of those Daily Specials, but my spouse found his Malted Hot Cakes (with a side of Corned Beef Hash) on the menu.

When we first got there, there were only two other tables that were occupied, but by the time 9 AM arrived, there was no empty table to be found anywhere and future diners who wanted a table were waiting outside the front door. So the key to this restaurant is the earlier you arrive, the better chances are that you will find immediate seating.

For those of you who will be visiting Sanibel this winter, the cafe will begin serving dinner on December 15th....and will continue doing so until the end of April. Until December 15, though, only breakfast & lunch are served here.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,801)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This place claims it has the best breakfast in the world. Not by my standards or experience. Sunny side up eggs had runny whites, home fries were hard, bland lumps and hash was so-so at best. The only thing that wasn't wrong was the toast. There are plenty of other places to get a decent breakfast on Sanibel.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Having read the rave reviews that boast “The worlds greatest breakfast”, We were convinced it had to be great. The staff greeted us as we walked in, and had menus and drinks quickly. The menu selections were plentiful and pricing in the range I would expect of an island establishment. I ordered the malted coconut hot cakes, which came highly recommended. To be honest I found the experience and food quality “average”. I did not find the food as “the worlds greatest”- it is a cafe after all. I’m not slamming the food mind you, I am just stating it was not fantastic as I expected with the rave reviews. With that being said, the price was more than I would have wanted to pay. I do not regret the visit, I’m just disappointed I did not find it quite the rave.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Yes, this place is the very best place to get a terrific breakfast on Sanibel. I first heard of it back in the 1970's, when Durward Kirby on the Gary Moore TV show said he always ate here. I tried it. And WOW! What great food, great selection, great service!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Great breakfast with great service. Loved the blueberry pancakes. The staff was very nice and we enjoyed talking with the owner.

Date of visit: August 2018