“Fast and free delivery”

Island Pizza Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come in for our "New Lunch Menu" Holiday Gift Certificates available now, come in or call. Perfect Gift for everyone on your list.
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered at 6:15 and it was delivered at 6:45. Ordered two house salads, fresh, crisp lettuce and toppings. Next time no cheese. Ample dressing on side. Had a large pizza, was good burn would have been better I think if we ate in store so it was hot and fresh. Delivery guy was super nice. Same guy who delivered my paddleboard day before. Two jobs-deserved a nice tip. He says most people tip less than $2. Come on folks, let's be generous to the people who allow us to stay in our bathing suits until 7pm!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great selection, great prices and while it is a small location it makes up for it with the food. Order ahead unless you don't mind the wait.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Found this pizzeria and glad we did. They make a pretty good pizza. They do run small so make sure you order enough. Fresh toppings and seasoned dough. 2 14" pizzas fed 2 adults 1 teen and 1 child with 2 pieces left over.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Island Pizza restaurant is a small local pizza eatery. It serves a variety of Italian dishes, but mostly pizza. The dough is freshly made and rolled out to perfection. The crust is then covered in with sauce and toppings. The toppings were fresh and piled high! Order one to eat there and one to take home! Get there early because the place is small and the wait tends to get long during meal hours.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went there for dinner our first night on Sanibel. Our waitress was less than attentive, and actually seemed kind of irritated/snooty with us. Ordered a pizza as soon as we sat down because we have three young children and wanted to minimize our wait time. Fast forward almost 50 minutes later still NO SIGN of our pizza, and our waitress hadn't stopped to tell us there was a delay or issue with the pizza, so when we finally flagged her down and asked about it, she just said yeah, it's on it's way. No apology, no nothing. I decided right then and there we had waited long enough and my kids were getting antsy, so I grabbed the kids and headed for the door (my husband stayed back at the table to flag down the waitress again to tell her to just box up the pizza whenever it was ready and we'd take it to go). On the way out the door I stopped at the bar to ask if there was a manager on duty I could speak with, and a gentleman said something like "I can help you, or I guess that's me". I told him, calmly, how disappointed we were with the wait and that we were given no indication it would take so long. He was pretty rude in his response back to me, with a sort of "sorry that's life" attitude saying something like "that's a normal wait, what do you expect, we're the only pizza place on the island." He was just so rude, and I couldn't believe that he was so flippant. So we left. My husband came out shortly thereafter with the pizza, and frankly it was mediocre pizza AT BEST. So, BIG THUMBS DOWN to Island Pizza. We should've listened to the reception gal at our condo who said Schnapper's Hots had delicious pizza. On our next visit to Sanibel you can bet we will try Schnapper's pizza we learned our lesson with Island Pizza and will never go back. Oh, and it was kinda pricey pizza too.

1  Thank Kathryn R