“Not great”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Disposable plastic plates and cutlery? Had the conch fritters, they were too doughy and not a lot of conch. The hot pot with clams and oysters were just ok. I did like the dead parrot wings, very spicy and tasty sauce, but the wings could have been a bit more cooked. Garlic bread was pretty typical. Wine list is short but decent. Service was good and friendly. Much prefer the Lazy cow for this calibre of restaurant.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

If you're coming from the bike path, you have to cross the street with no cross walk, but it is worth it. We parked our bikes at the bike rack and were promptly seated in their outdoor covered patio. They have a good selection of beers, recommend the Key West. The grill mahi was EXCELLENT. They really know how to grill fish. My companion's fried grouper was very good as well. Fries were wonderful and they have malt vinegar to accompany. Pleasant atmosphere, good service, good food. Recommend they expand their outdoor patio.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very tired after a long day of travel to our vacation destination, Sanibel Island, we stopped here because of the close proximity to our condo rental. My wife and I were seated promptly and quickly greeted by our server. We ordered the conch fritters as an appetizer but they arrived a bit over cooked and spongy. The best, however, was yet to come. I ordered the fried grouper sandwich and I must say it was one of the best I have ever had. It was served with a generous helping of delicious batter dipped french fries and a small portion of very good cole slaw. My wife had the conch chowder and reported it was delicious. The service was prompt and very friendly and the prices were moderate for Sanibel Island. All & all we made a great decision to stop here after a tiring day. We will try to return before we leave Sanibel to head for home.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We will be back for drinks and the beer selection! Nice place and friendly service. Those conch fritters with that hot sauce was dank! thanks for the frisbee!
See you soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a casual place with (silenced) TVs scattered around. The grounds and building are well maintained and we were greeted the moment we walked in the door. We visited twice and were happy with our meal both times. Our orders were taken soon after we were seated and the food arrived quickly. I had the Caesar salad with grouper and it was great. The next visit I tried the crab cakes and they were good. There is a good selection of beers, including some Florida ales. I would happily return to the Lazy Flamingo II anytime.