“Best painting class ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sissi Janku Art Studio

Sissi Janku Art Studio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Painting classes in the Community House Sanibel. Art for sale by appointment.
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best painting class ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I didn't know much about painting, but always wanted to know how to create art. Sissi's class is very informative and inspiring for the beginner, intermediate and advanced painter. She is an excellent instructor who knows just how much to tell you and leave you to create for yourself.
I am now hooked on studying with her and have many paintings to show for, which I love and give away as gifts. I will remain in her classes as long as her classes are offered!

1 Thank lela-erica

Sanibel Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“extraordinary teacher and incredible island experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I am not - or should I say was not an artist. I gave this class to my husband as a gift- he is an amateur painter who takes great pleasure in this sort of thing. Imagine my shock when Sissi cajoled me into trying to do a painting. After two hours with a pencil and a ruler I finally drew a horizon! and incidentally got over my mental block. Since then I attend every class I can. Its not that I am good- you probably won't want a painting of mine on your walls - but I am getting better and having fun... and I am delighted that my mind is now open to the pleasure of color, light,and learning about the construction of art...its a meditative experience.

The class mates learn at different levels and Sissi gives each of them what they need to progress..and its true, after two hours you do leave with a beautiful work and a memory of a wonderful Island experience.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Diane S
South Acworth, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Art Workshops for all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Whether you are in Sanibel for a week or you live here, Sissi's class is one not to miss. Don't paint? Don't worry. Sissi has everything you need ready and waiting for your arrival. Can't draw a straight line? She even has stencils for the main shapes. Still in doubt? I decided to go one Tuesday last year and now I schedule my days around Tuesday. I walked in with no experience, intimidated by just the thought of holding a paint brush. I walked out with paintings I did totally amazed at the results. I even brought my two granddaughters to a class (10 & 13). And WOW! Look at what my 10 year old did in an hour!
I leave Sanibel after snow birding here for 5 years. What will I miss? The sunrise and sets at Turner Beach, the many faces and sounds of the ocean, the beautiful birds, and Sissi's workshops. But I also leave with the self-confidence to continue capturing the beauty of nature through painting and the many friendships built through the camaraderie of the group.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank btracyh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Paint with Sissi in Sanibel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Always wanted to paint a masterpiece? Never picked up a paintbrush before? Go along to one of Sissi's classes and you will be going home with a finished painting to be proud of in just one session. Sissi shows you how to achieve great results quickly, which gives you the confidence to carrying on - in more classes or going it alone. I did three classes last year, produced 3 paintings and was hooked. Came back this year and I have been doing 3 classes a week. Sissi is very encouraging and understands how to get people doing meaningful work in a very short space of time. Try it. You may discover a hidden talent.

Sanibel Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Could not be Better - Art in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Each class is a delight. Sissi brings out the best in each painter. She has distilled simple techniques that allow even the "first-timer" the satisfaction of completing an attractive piece of art. For the more advanced, she brings her life-long and world-wide artistic experience.
All in a relaxed and supporting atmosphere