“Good for the price”

Anchor Inn & Cottages
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Reviewed 26 July 2013

For what you pay this is a very good place to stay. The room's are large, have nice tropical decor, and clean. The grounds are nicely upkept. Yes it is very basic but you will be spending most of your time at the beach anyway. That being said, this place is not on the beach and with the beach parking costs in Sanibel you may want to find a hotel on the beach instead if it is in your budget. If not then this is a good option.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heatherfeather28

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had the misfortune to stay at this hotel. There were no staff in sight and it is pet friendly so bring your ear plugs with all the barking dogs I thought we were in a kennel. They do not clean the rooms daily but in each room is a tip envelope for the person that cleans the room? Every hotel I stay at the room is clean and cleaned daily then I'll tip. Parking is a nightmare so be prepared. All in all stay away.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed at Anchor Inn in mid June. It was me, my husband, my 4 year old and my baby. The cottage was very nice and clean. They have a broom but not a dust pan, so would only ask in the future to provide that. I stayed with my baby downstairs in the bedroom while my husband and son stayed upstairs in the loft. We were placed in cottage #20 which is furthest from the road and had more privacy and was able to park my car right next to the cottage. We went to the beach that was a little drive turning on Casa Ybel and we ending up just renting 2 chair and umbrellas for a $1 each at the inn. This place is centrally located to all of my favorite restaurants so that was also a plus. The pool is also very clean and we had a nice time in that. We placed our towels in the bin each day and had fresh ones waiting around noon each day. Overall, I would prefer to continue to stay at Anchor Inn and save some money, and use the money I'm saving on eating at activities. Had a great time, and can't wait to go back. Also, we rented some things for the babies needs and the company is like .5 miles away from the cottage.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mel R
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My family just returned from our first trip to Sanibel and Captiva Island. I have to say I didn't really know anything about Sanibel and just decided to book the Anchor Inn on Hotwire, when I read some good reviews. Our stay here was wonderful. I loved the tropical feel of the room and it was great having the ceiling fan and also the kitchen. We cooked breakfast each morning, which worked out great. The entire property was very beautiful and gave us a very island feel. The pool was wonderful and we were always the only people in the pool. It was great having the shuffleboard and games and also the ice machine and water right near the office. The staff were very hospitable and helpful and always friendly. I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone visiting the area and would definitely come here again. Thank for for a really fun time on Sanibel!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very far from the beach, poor internet connection, shower faucet is backwards, and the "after 10:30" phone number on the office door is not answered, left a voicemail, and the office staff said "We didn't receive a voicemail" along with no one has ever complained about the hotel. That is an absolute lie.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Only going to be on the Island for a couple days and wanted comfort and economy. I am most pleased to report that the friendly, thorough service from the folks at Anchor Inn provided both in great measure. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The atmosphere is totally relaxing. Sanibel is all about being out-of-doors, so why worry yourself with unessary amenities that will go mostly unused when the real action is out on the Island? Reccomend this location to any wishing (as we did) old style charm, cleanliness and comfort. We will return!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We arrived here in 2012 and didn't have a plan. This place caught our eye and we loved it! It was quiet, comfortable and very friendly staff. The buildings are so quaint - but well kept. It reminded me of the Florida my grandmother spoke about - and that is a very good thing! We had a blast playing shuffleboard - and sitting on the wide covered porch in front of our room with the fans turning lazily overhead ... it was so private. Love the plants all around the buildings and the parking - it was great to park so close and still have the foliage and such - it's not a concrete jungle - another plus. We'll come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple