All reviews place to stay full kitchen tropical winds nice pool sister property the ritz mini fridge the staff was friendly and helpful old florida rent bikes coffee maker bike path heated pool beach towels spring break loft motel
Reviewed 30 January 2019

I had visited this property two years ago ,It was run down and needing an update then
I was pleasantly surprised when I drove in this time . The place has facelift, new paint ,flower pots and just looking better cared for . The staff are friendly and quick to help .Very walkable and near everything you need . New management shows they care.It still has the charm of old Florida .

Room tip: if the weather is cool there are heaters in the rooms ,The pool is heated and good parking
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
GuestSvsMgmt, General Manager at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2019

Thank you so much for your lovely review!! We are super excited that you gave us another chance to wow you after your last experience and we were able to do just that for you. We are really trying to bring our property back up to it's former glory...its not an over night thing, but we are making huge strides on it.

We hope to see you again real soon, and be sure to book direct to get the best rates

See you soon...the Staff at Anchor Inn and Cottages

Reviewed 27 January 2019

Where do I start. I will start positive the staff was very nice. Now the truth about Anchor Inn. The property was old, dirty, and had to use the stove to heat the rooms. It was like sleeping in a shed. Please, please, please pay a little more and stay somewhere else you will be much happier. The Island is nice and there are lots of properties on the Island that will give you a much better experience.

Room tip: Don't stay there. Please spend a little more and stay at a better property. You will be much happier. Again, the room has no heat!
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2019

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see you feel that when you stayed with us that it wasn't worth the money. I do hope that you brought your issues to the staffs attention during your stay so that we could of addressed them for you. From the description, there is no way for us to figure out what room you were in so that we can look into your claims of unclean conditions or a none working heater in the rooms.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

Really the hotel nothing great, very important review everything before leaving because if they leave something they will never receive it back, after 2 months I paid a costly shipment and they were not able to send my things that I forgot to leave at the hotel. They asked me to make a collection of my things and they sent me other ones that were not mine .... Very disappointed and annoyed with the bad attention of the owners.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestSvsMgmt, Manager at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2018

We tried our very best to help you get your things back. With the unfortunate language barrier that we had in communication we struggled with it. I'm sorry that what we were told was your items left in the room where not truly your items. It was definitely not intentional to not get you your items back.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

The A-frame we re ted for the weekend was, roomy, clean and very private. More room than my husband and I needed. Pool was nice, close walking distance to great restaurants and store. We didn't cook but did use the fridge a lot.The only down side to renting an A-frame is that it is very hard to keep cool from the Florida heat amd the AC unit were too loud, i did not sleep well, although my husband enjoyed them. We closed the bedroom door to keep it cool, the loft was not cool, bit on the warm side to sleep.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are working on trying to find a better solution to cool the A-frames, as the weather keeps getting hotter and hotter each year.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We booked this room late using HotelTonight. Good prices. Rooms very clean, cold AC. Friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Good location for other activities on Sanabel and Captiva. Restaurants nearby. We plan to book again and spend more time visiting local Parks and places.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review!!