I specifically looked for an "old Florida" beach cottage and that's exactly what I got! I loved this place and can't wait to go back. :)
This property is run by Steph & Luke who are only a phone call away for any needs on the property. I called ahead to let them know I was booking a surprise trip for my 2 year anniversary for my girlfriend and was planning to propose to her on this trip. Steph & Luke went above and beyond to help me execute my surprise plan. From delivering flowers to my room pre-arrival to finding a bottle of champagne and card in front of our door upon returning from the beach (where I proposed.)
When we first got to our room, the roses I ordered were sitting on the table near the door along with a welcome basket for our 2 dogs including treats, towels, and sheets for bedding. Additionally our room was super clean and fresh. We stayed in Unit 5, which is really small, yet cute and refined in it's old Florida style beachy kind of way. The room is only about 200 sq.ft, but was more than enough room for 2 people and 2 dogs. I can't say that I have anything to complain about but if there was a "wishlist" for Unit 5.... I would say that it could use a screened patio like the rest of the beach units and the shower could be bigger.
The rooms are about 100 yards from the beach allowing for quick access day or night. The property was very clean and well-maintained. You can tell the staff takes pride in their business. Overall I give this a 5 out of 5. If you are looking for a place that has housekeepers come clean your room everyday, then I suggest booking the Holiday Inn. If you are looking to get away from the hustle & bustle, bask in the old Florida sun then this is the place to do it.
Your dogs will LOVE it here. From dog friendly beach and rooms to restaurants and more....
Dogs are welcome in rooms while you are out enjoying the island. The pet fee is more than fair at $15 per night. (I can't even pay my neighbor to watch my dog at that price!)
We Will Definitely Be Back! A big thanks to Steph & Luke for making our engagement extra special!
Michael and Diem
(Sampson and Loki, too!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience Sanibel with the charm of Old Style Florida! Located on the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico, on the west end of the island, Tropical Winds is tucked away in a very secluded, private setting within a small residential neighborhood. Enjoy one of our beachfront or nearby cottages in our own tropical paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Winds Motel And Cottages
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tropical Winds Hotel
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida