“Great donuts!”

Bennett's Fresh Roast Sanibel Island
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Roasting coffee shop with from-scratch hand cut donuts, breakfast and lunch.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We happened upon this restaurant while biking from our hotel and we were so happy we did! The donuts are very unique and delicious! They are a bit pricey but that's expected in vacation areas. We also tried their breakfast strata and breakfast sandwiches which were good but couldn't beat the donuts. Our family enjoyed biking here in the mornings to get our donuts for breakfast. Yummy!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stopped here for breakfast one morning on a recent vacation in Sanibel. I wanted to go after reading the reviews on here and looking at the pictures of the donuts on their website. There were so many fantastic looking donuts, I had a tough time deciding. I wish I could've tried them all. I chose the raspberry almond donut and it was amazing. It was filled with a raspberry jam. I enjoyed my ice coffee also and especially loved that they had the little coffee mate french vanilla creamers which are my favorite. The staff was nice and the place is spacious. We were planning on stopping in again, but we didn't get a chance to make it back. Maybe one day in the future if we visit Sanibel again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I like nothing better than finding an outstanding coffee and bakery combination. On Sanibel Island, that honor goes to "Bennett's Fresh Roast" on Periwinkle Way. As soon as you enter the Island and turn north--STOP, there it is! Although fairly large in size, it's a bit hidden behind a beautifully landscaped and lush tropical garden; in fact it has greenery on all four sides. If you are tired of shops that sit on busy, noisy intersections, than this is your place for times of peaceful refreshment. But it gets better: Great coffee with free refills; a wide selection of creative, tasty doughnuts and pastries; Wfi; plenty of room, comfort, and privacy for relaxing conversation and reading; big, modern bathrooms with paper towels; smart, tech-savvy advertising; pleasant owners and associates; reasonable prices--and on the Island that is very hard to find; and bright and airy with windows all around. It qualifies for a perfect "10". ~ Doug ~

1  Thank Riverpup
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It doesn't matter what flavor donut you pick, you'll be in heaven. We are not coffee drinkers, but the place has that distinct and pleasant "wake up" coffee aroma. This is more than a coffee and donut shop. Other breakfast options are available as well as a lunch menu. Of course we've had the donuts over and over (it takes time to sample their many flavors!) Our lunch tasting featured their special of the day a Cuban Panini sandwich and as ridiculous as it sounds the chicken and donut which won between the two. The staff is attentive, friendly and the place is super clean, warm and comfortable.

1  Thank SanibelSeashellLover
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped at Bennett's Fresh Roast on our last day on Sanibel and, boy, it was probably fortunate that we waited that long, as it would have ended up being a daily temptation and 10 lbs extra coming home. We stopped for coffee, but ended up getting three donuts for only my husband and myself, because we couldn't decide which ones to get. The coffee was very good; black and hot for my husband, and an iced mocha coffee for me. The donuts were as good as they looked. Large, fresh and melt in your mouth. We chose a couple of "island-y" flavors, orange crunch, key lime and orange coconut, and they were excellent choices. We both enjoyed every bite!! But beware, they make their donuts daily and when they're gone, they're gone, so stop in early for the best selection. They also have additional breakfast, lunch and dessert options. I can't wait to go back next spring. We will definitely be stopping at Bennett's again!!