“Deposit for next year already done!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
Mitchell's Sandcastles
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
boston
“Deposit for next year already done!”
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I've been going to Mitchell's with friends for 15 years. I'm so glad we decided to stick with them ! Although we have always stayed on the Mitchell's side, this year we decided to stay in # 10 at Forty-Fifteen. This unit was great also. Like other travelers have said, Kim and Joel are really puting their all into this and it shows. Thanks Kim and Joel for making Mitchells' what it is today. See you next year!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Altoona, IA
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We made a fairly short-notice reservation based on other recommendations found on tripadvisor. Mitchell's was able to accommodate us even though we were only staying for two days in the middle of a week. No week minimum! Hooray! Emails and phone calls were returned promptly.

Our cottage (Dunes) was clean and comfortable. It is obvious the new management has been working hard to make their cottages the number 1 on the island, and when we had an unfortunate *ahem* issue with the toilet clogging, maintenance staff was on-hand immediately to take care of the problem. A/C and ceiling fans kept us cool. Full-sized fridge, and decent kitchen area. Flat-screen TV's, too! Comfy beds "felt" new. Free wireless Internet worked with a strong signal.

From the moment we arrived, we felt as though we were family visiting from out of town, rather than faceless visitors who come and go. I have no doubt in my mind any problem I had, management would have taken care of it with a smile, and that means A LOT to me.

Our cottage had an excellent location, just steps from a shell-covered beach. A screened in porch made for bug-free evenings.

I would recommend Mitchell's Sandcastles without hesitation, and I will definitely stay here again should the trade winds blow me back to Sanibel Island. (crossing my fingers)

TR

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I have been traveling to Mitchells and 4015 with my family for 15+ years and this was by far our best experience. The beach houses have all had some much needed work done to them and more is planned according to Joel and Kim, the new owners. The atmosphere was very relaxed and any need that arose was taken care of quickly. One particular afternoon the seal on our blender broke as we were enjoying some frozen drinks. A new blender was delivered within 15 minutes!!! How is that for service!!!

We appreciated that pool towels, bike use, beach chairs, kayak use, tennis court use, etc were all included as this was not the case with the previous owners. We are already looking forward to our return visit next year.

Sanibel Island and in particular the location of these 2 resorts on the Island has always felt like paradise to me. Quiet, not crowded, relaxing, and fun. So glad that Joel and Kim have restored perfection to paradise!!!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 25 April 2010

We really enjoyed our week at the resort. Our duplex unit had great views of the ocean and a was just a few steps from the beach. The unit kitchen was equipped with service for four, and we cooked several dinners there using the unit's barbeque. The beach was uncrowded, wide, and felt private. The other guests were friendly and the proprietor, Joel was very anxious to help with fun ideas, recommendations, and service. We didn't use the pools but enjoyed the bicycles, beach chairs and umbrella.

The negatives were minor and included walls that didn't quite keep us from hearing the neighbors (with two young boys), and the kitchen was a bit stripped down, but still serviceable.

We will be going back to this place for another laid back quiet week on the beach.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Homer, Alaska
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I found Mitchell's on the web during a last minute effort to find some sun and heat during the winter. We were looking for a place to just be able to relax. We were not interested in pretentious or fancy. We wanted to spend time with our family and this was the place to do it (middle aged adults, an older senior and a 10-year old). Mitchell's was everything they said it was, plus more. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. The amenities were great - bikes, kayaks, 2 pools, tennis court, basketball court. The beds were comfy. The place was clean. The kitchen was supplied with everything we needed for cooking our own meals.

The location of Mitchell's is especially nice. It is down a dead-end road that prevents some of the heavier traffic that is on other parts of Sanibel. It is very quiet. It is close to the bike trails that lead all over the island. The property is pleasant - lots of nice trees around the cottages and great access to the beach.

We've all said that this was one of the most relaxing trips we've ever taken. I've told friends "if I could have only bottled this vacation to insure all others were this much fun and this relaxing!"

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
new york
Reviewed 18 April 2010

I was so keen to stay here that I chose to spend my 11 nights' vacation in 5 different cottages in the Mitchell's Sandcastles / Forty-Fifteen resort. And I am thrilled that I did because I discovered a resort that I would love to go back to year after year. The location cannot be beat: on the beach, no roads to cross, in a beautiful neighbourhood close to the Wildlife refuge. The grounds are lovely; the 2 pools are terrific, very well maintained. The cottages are excellent across the whole budget spectrum: No.9 (the numbered cottages are part of the Forty Fifteen half of the complex) is pure luxury: spacious, airy, flooded with light, superbly equipped and with a travel-brochure view. No. 1 has very impressive walls of windows on 3 sides with compelling views of the Gulf and sunsets. At the more budget-friendly end, No.8, a former caretaker's cottage, became my favourite as the lack of view was more than made up for with character and solid pieces of furniture. The one cottage we sampled on the Mitchell's side, Sand Dollar, was also excellent, spotlessly clean and well equipped.
Throughout both halves of the complex, the impression is that the owners Joel and Kim must have travelled a great deal and made mental notes as to the standards and facilities they would want for themselves; as recent purchasers of the property, they went ahead and set those standards for their guests to enjoy. From the cottage interiors to the computing facilities in the business centre, those standards are clear and met. They are friendly, approachable and at the same time brisk and effective - courteous and competent. Highly recommended.

2 Thank faye_g
upstate ny
Reviewed 13 April 2010

What a difference new owners Joel and Kim have made. They took a piece of paradise location and are making the accommodations fit the best real estate on Sanibel. Signed for 3 weeks next year and can't wait.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple