The location can't be beat if you like an uncrowded beach! West Gulf Drive is largely residential. There are a few parking areas for residents to use to access the beach (special permit needed). But no public parking in this area. We found a starfish, pen shells, whelks, fighting conchs, etc, etc (sadly, no junonia)! We did visit Bowman's Beach, however, we found a better selection of shells right near the Cottages. The warm water outside shower and table by the back door was the perfect place to rinse shells and sandy shoes. My son and I rode the complimentary bikes to Over Easy Café for breakfast one morning. The sleep quality got 4 stars only because of the pillows. The room was clean and fresh towels were available in the laundry. The internet was fast. Both of us watched movies without any problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly refreshing vacation awaits you at the Blue Dolphin Cottages. We are a family owned, intimate and charming motel situated directly on a tranquil, white sandy beach on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The Blue Dolphin Cottages offers a selection of accommodations in its 10 units, either bright and airy efficiencies or spacious one bedroom suites, all with completely equipped kitchens, phones and cable television. Each unit has a comfortable sun deck surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. With our compliments, you will enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida