We stayed 2 years ago for only 3 days then went to Disney for the rest of our vacation. Our 10 year old daughter just kept saying, while we were at Disney, "I want to go back to the Blue Dolphin." The shelling and the gentle ocean are perfect. The only reason I give it a 4 out of 5 is the no see um problem. (Which obviously is not anything anyone on Sanibel Island can control) Beth (the cottage manager) directed us to the Island Pharmacy. After purchasing a special spray the local pharmacist concocted, we had no more problems. The breakfast every morning, compliments of the Blue Dolphin was nice. They also supply bikes, a shell drying station, beach toys, umbrellas, washer & dryer. We can't wait to get back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly refreshing vacation awaits you at the Blue Dolphin Cottages. We are a family owned, intimate and charming motel situated directly on a tranquil, white sandy beach on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The Blue Dolphin Cottages offers a selection of accommodations in its 10 units, either bright and airy efficiencies or spacious one bedroom suites, all with completely equipped kitchens, phones and cable television. Each unit has a comfortable sun deck surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. With our compliments, you will enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida