We recently stayed here for our parents anniversary, as they travel here often. This was our first time, and it is definitely not the last. What I loved most was that it is a smaller resort with only about a dozen cabin/rooms and its no over crowded with a ton of people. The location is in the middle of a residential area and quite often you could be the only one on the beach. I don't think there was ever a time when there were more than a dozen people out there. Breakfast was provided every morning and consisted of muffins, bagels, English muffins, and other baked goods; along with fresh fruit. There was also coffee and tea available.
We stayed in one of the one bedroom apartments with our 2 kids (ages 3 & 5) and it was more then big enough. There was a living room with a love seat and a pull out couch that the kids slept on, a kitchenette(fridge, oven/stove, microwave, sink, etc), and a full bath room. My parents had one of the standard rooms, and it was pretty much the size of a standard hotel room, but with a kitchenette and full bathroom.
The landscaping of the resort in it self was amazing, they had orchids growing on the palm trees, and overall it was just a very tropical feel. There is ample seating everywhere which gives you an opportunity to sit, relax, and take in the abundance of beauty that is surrounding you.
Needless to say, we will absolutely be coming back. Which says a lot as we are the type of travelers who like to try different places, but this place was just so perfect we have to go back.
If you like to fish, there is a lot of fish right off shore. We tried our hand at fly fishing for snook, but no luck. We did see a lot of experience people reeling them in often. My nephew caught a small cat fish using a normal rod set up.
I highly, highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly refreshing vacation awaits you at the Blue Dolphin Cottages. We are a family owned, intimate and charming motel situated directly on a tranquil, white sandy beach on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The Blue Dolphin Cottages offers a selection of accommodations in its 10 units, either bright and airy efficiencies or spacious one bedroom suites, all with completely equipped kitchens, phones and cable television. Each unit has a comfortable sun deck surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. With our compliments, you will enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida