“Our Special Place!”

Sweet Melissa's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sweet Melissa's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Casa Ybel
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

My wife is nuts for this place-and
It changed my life. No more wondering what to do for my Valentine on her birthday, or our anniversary.
I'm a creature of habit, and always get their smoked tenderloin. It's
The best piece of beef in this town!
My wife lives to try the next great
delight from Melissa and her skilled
staff.
We have always had great meals
and wonderful service at this unique
eatery. Our favorite server is Kelsey,
but all have been way above par.
My only complaint is they are closed tomorrow for Thanksgiving!
Oh well.
The ambience is sophisticated
but not uptight. My wife's all time
favorite is the fish stew which she gets in an ample petit portion.
This place is a guy's dream. It's
never been so easy to make a woman this happy! Take your girl to Sweet Melissa's!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I love our dinners here and we have never been disappointed. However, we are concerned about the menu changes, otherwise this would be a 5 star rating. We don't eat red meat and this has never been an issue here but now the choices are quite limited. We love seafood, but not with bacon etc. We also miss the goat cheese crepe that also went away. I hope they will reconsider these options. Living here on the island this was one of our favs.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Melissa really understands flavors and textures; the service is consistently good & the setting great

Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you go here do not look up! The food was excellent, the service was even better! We sat towards the back of the restaurant and were able to see the Shag ceiling carpet. Yes I said Shag ceiling carpet, maybe it is there for acoustics which keeps echoes to a minimum except for the fact that it is Filthy!! I mean it has not been cleaned in a long time. Black stains coming out of every vent, 1 to 2 inch dust bunnies hanging and falling to the floor and on our table. This is unaceptable for a restaurant of this caliber. After dinner I graciously asked for the manager and had her sit at our table, and had her look up. She saw the same filth that I saw. She was apaologetic and asked what she could do and had several excuses. I paid the full tab with a generous tip although we did have a Kiwannis coupon. Some immediate action needs to be taken. I will not return until this issue gets corrected. If you have any allergies do not go! I can only imagine what the air conditioner return filters look like.

We were there with a group of 8 all of whom live on the Island and will monitor to see if this gets corrected. Until then we wil not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

3  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 11 November 2013

There is nothing plain or casual about the dining experience that a cafe might suggest. Sweet Melissa's offers some unique menu items and the service was exceptional. Thanks Amy! My wife and I started with the Artisanal cheese plate. We choose 3, Tallegio, Mid Moon Goat and Loblolly Tomme. I preferred the Tallegio although all 3 were very good. The option of ordering a petite portion for an entree is nice. That way you can save room for dessert. Trust me you want dessert. For our entrees my wife ordered the halibut special. Excellent! I ordered 2 small plates (starters) for my entree; Rabbit pate and the Veal Cheeks. The pistachio and cranberry incorporated into the pate makes for an excellent flavor. The veal cheeks are braised for a very long time and are akin to an excellent short-rib; the meat just falls apart. The portions were filling but then came the dessert menu. My wife had the mixed berry sorbet and I the Chinese 5-spice ice cream. Wow! The berry flavor of the sorbet was intense. The 5-spice ice cream was like eating your favorite spice cookie around the Holidays. And the portions for dessert were enough to share.

Next time we are back in Sanibel we will definitely pay Sweet Melissa's Cafe a visit.