“French bistro cuisine with New Orleans flair”

Sweet Melissa's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sweet Melissa's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Casa Ybel
“French bistro cuisine with New Orleans flair”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were absolutely impressed with the flavors of the appetizers and the wine list. The rabbit pate was succulent; Lobster spring rolls elegant;Sweet breads savory; frog legs, amazing. Our entrees were the same: Many different items cooked to perfection including guinea fowl, cobia, smoked tenderloin of beef, and fish soup - mussels, scallops, etc. Dessert was no different with homemade sorbets, tarts, and of course key lime parfait.
DO NOT SKIP this culinary flavor masterpiece - Melissa is magnificent

• Visited July 2014

Fort Myers, Florida
“Ladies Who Lunch”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I enjoyed the beet salad with grouper. The atmosphere is lovely. Pretty restaurant with attractive art work. Most of us would return. However, one lady who ordered the roasted romaine with shrimp found it tougher to cut than meat. Quiche, salad with beef got rave reviews.
Quirky thing was when I put the reservation through on the website, I was automatically told that they were booked from noon to 2:30 PM and could not accomodate us. Because it is off season, I thought that was odd, so I called and our reservation for eight was accepted. I told the woman who answered about the website, and she said it was set up only to accept a party up to six people. So if you have a party larger than six, call.

1 Thank Patricia B
“Less impressed than first visit.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Was told I had to order everything at once, not what I enjoy or am used to when partaking of small plates. Therefore I ended up eating much less than I would have ordinarily. Don't remember that being the case on a previous visit. Food also seemed overly safe and not as richly flavored.

Overall an average experience. My previous visit (two years ago) put SMs at the top of my Sanibel list. No longer.

2 Thank Close_I75_in_TENN
Pittsburgh
“A must do on Sanibel”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I visited Sweet Melissa's between our week-long vacation on Sanibel Island. The menu was awesome and the service perfect. If you are looking for a place to enjoy that one special meal while on vacation in the area, this is the place.

• Visited May 2014
Naples, Florida
“Anniversary Diner”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I had our first anniversary dinner at Sweet Melissa's. The wine list was wonderful but the pour was terrible. Three sips and its done. The ambiance was best on Sanibel and service was professional. Started with Mussels and they were the best I have had in years. BUT my wife's medium rare steak was well done and my "small plate" scallops had only two (2) scallops on the plate. For $17 are you kidding me? We may come back for a glass and wine and the mussels but for diner no way.

7 Thank Jeffrey G