Sanibel is a favorite destination for our family. This is the first time we came in October and the weather was perfect! Maryellen is awesome and very efficient to work with. I have to say we were blown away with the cleanliness of the condo and the grounds! I spent the early evenings on the screen porch looking at the beautiful view of the ocean. Thanks for a great vacation Maryellen.
We booked this unit for a long weekend as an end of summer family vacation. The condo was immaculate and Maryellen went out of her way to ensure we had a good time. Very responsive to all requests and gave us a lot of good recommendations. The view was lovely, much better than I expected. Unfortunately there was a huge weather system that sat on top of us for most of our stay but we had a relaxing time reading, playing board games and working on a jigsaw puzzle, with the Gulf as a backdrop. We did get in a few walks on the beach. We will be back.
We had a wonderful trip and made lots of good memories. Super close to beach, plenty of beach chairs, carts, towels, etc. Nice pool and overall a very quiet place. We really enjoyed it and would definitely go back.
This was our first trip to Sanibel Island. The unit we rented from Maryellen was absolutely one of the best places we have ever rented . They have everything you could ever need....from towels for the beach/pool, to a cart to tote your stuff, to every cooking item you might possible need. They have thought of everything . The unit is close to the beach and the pool. We rented bicycles for the family (which helped us get around & see the Island) , did the Shell museum (interesting w/crafts for the whole family to do ), visited the Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, and learned how to really look for shells by the lighthouse. We are not a seafood family but all the restaurants offer other items besides seafood. We would love to return if life allows us to. Maryellen & her family are extremely helpful and always respond to any and all questions . This place is a real gem . Thank you Maryellen for one of the best vacations we have ever had :)
My wife and I booked this condo and this trip to Sanibel to celebrate our 20th anniversary, our first trip without kids in over 16 years. Needless to say, we were hoping for the best after booking this condo and reading positive reviews. So how was our experience? Fantastic and even better than we expected! Key points:
1) The condo was really great for what we were wanting. The layout was great, plenty of space, with a very nice screened-in lanai looking out to the gulf!
2) the proximity to the water is fantastic. Within 2 minutes, you can either be on the beach or in the pool if you want.
3) The owner was very pleasant to work with. MaryEllen was a great communicator and we really felt like she wanted to do everything possible to enable us to fully enjoy the stay. We texted about everything very efficiently. It helped me feel at ease to be in good contact with the owner, in the event there was a problem (which there was not).
4) We never felt like the beach was crowded. Even at it's busiest times, there was plenty of space for folks to spread out.
5) It was nice to have access to the storage room down in the covered parking area. We were able to utilize beach chairs and an umbrella. Both of which came in handy.
6) The island/area itself is fantastic. Resort was quiet, no high rise hotels/condos so we never felt like there were large crowds. We rented bikes for the week and thoroughly enjoyed riding all around the many bike paths.
Bottom line: If you are looking for a quiet, well maintained and updated condo close to the water, with a helpful & pleasant owner. This is the one for you!
Comfortable rooms, fully equipped kitchen, cable tv, wifi, washer and dryer. Really a fully equipped apartment. Beautiful pool is just downstairs. Excellent restaurants close by. Beautiful beach adjacent to the property, and beach chairs furnished in the apt. storage room in the parking garage. Sanibel is a great place for a vacation. And this apt. in the Island Beach Club is the perfect place to stay. The owner responds quickly to questions and problems. She couldn't be better, Thank you Maryellen for letting us stay in your condo,.