We were very excited about our vacation at Watercolor Inn. Our friends had vacationed at Seaside for many years. We decided the Inn was perfect for our two day getaway. While there are positive areas of the Inn the biggest negative is the cleanliness of the rooms. Our room was not ready until the official check in of 4pm. We were given cards to use the pool while waitng but no access to a change area. We had to request a map and activity schedule. The lobby flowers are pretty much a disarrayed mess. Staff trys to be helpful but are unprofessional and under trained.
The room we had could have been great if it were clean! The bath floor behind the door was a dirty mess with hair and hairpins, the toilet had rusted floor bolts, the ceiling fan was dusty, debris. Under the chair cushions, the shower handle broken and difficult to regulate the water. After seeing these things I was afraid to look any further in our room. The common areas are not fresh or inviting. For the $$$ you pay the one thing you expect us clean.
The Fish Out Of Water Restaurant is excellent. Beautiful view, exceptional food. This was probably the best part of our trip. Until the rooms are cleaner, we will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WaterColor Inn, nestled on nearly 500 acres of sugar-white sand beach, is surrounded by 1,400 linear feet of beachfront and pine forests alongside Western Lake, the state’s second-largest naturally occurring coastal dune lake. The 60-room Inn offers deluxe accommodations designed by David Rockwell, each overlooking the Gulf of Mexico and donning a pair of Adirondack chairs on the patio (and on the first floor, a private outdoor cabana shower). Perfectly encapsulating the spirit of an intimate beach getaway—while providing the functionality necessary for a family vacation—the freshly redecorated beachfront rooms bring the outdoors in, mere footsteps from the sand. From the soft linens to the spa-inspired toiletries, every well-appointed room offers a relaxing and comfortable seaside oasis. Owned by St. Joe Club & Resorts, this distinctive hotel property affords guests access to a bevy of the private membership club’s amenities. These include private golf and beach club access; complimentary bicycle use; kayak, canoe, pontoon boat, and discounted YOLO board rentals; and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your WaterColor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watercolor Hotel Santa Rosa Beach
- Water Color Hotel
- WaterColor Inn Florida/Santa Rosa Beach