“Easy and Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

WaterColor Inn and Resort
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Easy and Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Watercolor Inn and Resort is one of the best places for a beach vacation whether it be with the entire family or just as a couple. Really terrific beaches and no need for a car. Biking is the preferred mode of transportation. Lots of activities for everyone. Just a fabulous place.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have personal outside showers and direct access from room to beach. Higher floors...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from a vacation at the Watercolor Inn. It was our first time here and we will definitely be back. The staff are very friendly and many of them remember your name and actually speak to you, everyone was very service oriented. It was a very nice resort, we stayed on the fourth floor beachfront, the room was very nice and clean. We enjoyed riding the bikes around because traffic in the area was very congested and it was hard to find a parking place in our vehicle, but easy to park the bikes. The turn down service in the evening was a really nice touch. Only complaint about the area was we wished there would have been a better nightlife.

Room Tip: In order to see over the sand dunes, you will need to be on the 3rd or 4th floor. Rooms with a lower...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nice room, great view and excellent service from the moment we arrived. The adult pool was a great place to wind down from a stressful day of napping in my beach chair. Room service was quick and the service was great. The bikes were great too. I usually don't complain about anything but.... The coffee is horrible. Worst I have ever had. Resort wide. Awful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had our wedding there and it was wonderful place to choose! It's has a very unique design with colofrul buildings and amazing beach view. Very high-end place. Expensive of course but great! Food for a wedding was amazing. We also had a lunch and breakfast there and it was very tasty too! Has a huge territory, it's almost like it's a small town with little shops and restaurants. Has a main building with sea-view rooms and also houses that are on the 2nd lane from the beach.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is one of the best resorts in the United States. It is simply outstanding and the most beautiful coastal resort you can find. I have been to Watercolor many times. Each time I have rented a single family detached home in the resort (not an Inn room). These average 2,500 to 3,000 square feet and generally are about $500 to $1,000 per night. My last stay on May 17-22 was very disappointing. In booking our vacation home, we had the fortunate opportunity to select one from a list of about 25 homes available for our week. Once I checked in at the Watercolor Inn, I received my keys and resort cards and we headed to our home for the next week. Upon arrival at the home, we found three homes under construction around our rental. There were at least 40 works and a dozen trucks and cars on our street. I knew immediately this was not going to be good. I called the front desk and was told no changes could be made. I simply explained we would have gladly selected another house if we had known about the construction. The front desk said they have no idea if homes are under construction. That simply isn’t true. We spent thousands of dollars to wake up daily to cement trucks, air hammers and an assortment of other noises. I was able to enjoy my cup of coffee each morning on the wonderful deck of my vacation home six feet away from 10 workers looking at me. I feel confident that the quality of the management of this resort can handle this much differently. Even $40 per night Motel 8’s let you know if construction is onsite. Be very cautious of this issue and require disclosure prior to booking. It will ruin your vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Seace123
Katie L, Manager at WaterColor Inn and Resort, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Seace123,

Thank you for providing the feedback from your stay at WaterColor. I am sorry we were not able to resolve the construction challenges during your stay. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make this right and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions for your future bookings.

Best regards,
Katie Lauricella
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

A dream vacation, a real paradise. Such a wonderful staff and facility. Beautiful beaches and close to everything. Just hop on a bike and go! Fishing, yolo boarding...the activities were endless. Great shopping, a real resort lifestyle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Caroline R
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Bomb Dot Com.....The End!!!! Ok seriously, this place was awesome. First of all you have to be looking for it in order to find it. It is an entire community tucked away along the pristine sugar sand shores of the Gulf Coast. The accommodations were awesome and the staff was top notch. It was a great experience. Far too short. I went for Labor Day last year and it was moderately busy BUT it really did not feel to crowded. I look forward to going back real soon.

P.S. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because it is a bit pricey. But it is a luxury resort, so they are all about providing an experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hibiscus Coffee and Guesthouse
Hibiscus Coffee and Guesthouse
#1 of 1 in Grayton Beach
Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa

Been to WaterColor Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!