“Not accommodating for the price!!!!”
Review of WaterColor Inn

WaterColor Inn
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My 2 girlfriends and I decided to venture over for a mini vacation. One from D.C. and 2 from Pensacola. 2 of us lived for many years in South Walton. Although the view is spectacular and the location ideal, the facility is in need of a redo. We woke early to grab a place by the pool and to order coffee and breakfast. We were told we can't have breakfast by the pool but could have lunch poolside at 11. 20 steps from the pool we could sit for breakfast but they couldn't bring it to us or we could go back to room and order room service. For $700+/night I would think they could be a little more accommodating. I will never recommend this place to friends who are looking for a relaxing time with God service. So disappointed. Next time in going to The Little Nell.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Addie T
Katie L, Manager at WaterColor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for providing the valuable feedback from your stay. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your visit and were not able to accommodate your request to have breakfast pool side, this is definitely something we should consider in the future. We have begun upgrades in the hotel rooms this month with larger TVs and furniture. We do hope you consider visiting us again, please contact me directly if this is something you may be interested in doing. My direct line is 850-534-5006 or via email Katie.lauricella@stjoeclub.com.

Best regards,
Katie Lauricella
Director of Lodging and Guest Experience

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My family has been coming to WC since we lost our summer homes in Mississippi after Katrina.

We absolutely love it here. . But it's a shame the secret is out on WC. Between word of mouth & all the accolades in magazines WC has received. . The secret is no longer a secret. In just the last few years alone, the crowds (during July especially) have swelled to beyond capacity it seems. I know the St. Joe company loves that. . But I just wish they hadn't built (& still building) houses almost on top of each other. You get to a point where enough is enough.

Overall though. . I wouldn't vacation anywhere else on 30A. It's magical & my family loves it. I can't wait for my next beach trip to WC.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank localyokel1976
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is great for the couple or family that wants to stay at the beach and have everything easy and close by. As with everything in the Destin/30a area, we like the off season. The rooms are well appointed and the staff is great. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed in room 409. It was a fantastic experience. We brought along an infant and the room was big enough for all of three of us....Every night we sat on the balcony and watched the sun set with a glass of wine from a bottle that we bought from the wine store across the street. It was beautiful. Also, in the mornings we would walk down to Seaside and grab coffee. Likewise for lunch and dinner. Perfect location. The only reason I say "almost perfect" is that I thought the room service menu was lacking in the non breakfast department and there were a few times that I called down to the front desk and no one answered. However, it was like island time, you just roll with. The pool, the beach, the staff, the room were all exceptional and we will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Higher room gets you a better view. Floors 3-4 will give you ocean views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nevels2000
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I don't have anything to add about the beach--white sand, crystal blue water, attentive life guards, and friendly people. We had a great vacation, and one of the reasons was that we stayed in a house by the Camp. At night, the soccer field comes alive with kids and families playing soccer, volleyball, frisbee, and we even had a great fun game of duck duck goose. Unless you stay in the actual Inn, you are going to have to ride your bicycle to the beach, so we were happy to have the advantage of that beautiful grass field. It felt old-fashion--everyone coming out and meeting new people and kids of all ages playing massive games of soccer. So my tip--if you are looking for a house, consider one by the Kids Camp pool.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
AmberLetoMayer, General Manager at WaterColor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at WaterColor! We hope to host your beach vacation for many years to come. If there is anything that we can do to assist you with your future plans, please let us know.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Watercolor for several days this past April. What a beautiful property and an overall great resort experience. The staff members, from check-in to the wait staff at the pool bar/grill, were friendly and attentive. They were able to accommodate several special requests with ease.

The hotel rooms were spacious and all are beach-front. I was able to stay on the 4th floor, so I had amazing views of the sunset during my stay. The rooms and clean and well-maintained.

I also loved the coziness of the library, which is located off of the lobby. I enjoyed a glass of wine and a good book one rainy afternoon... The wine and cocktail menus were unique and offered something for everyone.

Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at Watercolor. There are a multitude of activities to participate in daily, easy access to the beach and several pools, and lots of great shops, restaurants and bars nearby. I only wish I had had more time to explore the area via bike (which are provided for each guest). I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at WaterColor Inn & Resort! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the library and find some time to relax at the resort. If there is anything that we can do to assist you with your future beach vacation plans, please let us know.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It is very seldom that we leave a vacation after a full week and think to ourselves that we just want to stay longer. This place makes you never want to leave. The staff is great and the resort is the best. Stay on the 4th floor, the view is great.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor if possible. More expensive but worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Beachside Resort
Beachside Resort
#9 of 48 in Panama City Beach

Been to WaterColor Inn? Share your experiences!