I'm writing this to give a different perspective. We have taken our boys to this condo for 9 years straight. Over the past several years we have brought our parents, friends & made some amazing memories at Sarasota Surf & Racquet. We always have stayed on the 1st floor of the Y Building, it is the best you know. Trust me. With 3 active kids, you need the Y building. The property is superior. The condos always very clean. The service is just ok. It used to be wonderful until about 3 years ago. Not sure what changed. Overall it's an unbeatable location & the pools, beach, sunsets, it's a dream vacation.
So why am I peeved? Because last spring break it was completely overloaded with rude obnoxious spring breakers. They were about 17-22 years old & drunk, shouting, and overall an embarrassment to their parents if they even had any there. For the high cost of the condos, I presume parents were the ones who brought them there.... Every single day of our vacation was spent avoiding getting pushed, shoved or literally jumped on by teenagers in the pools. There was NO person to control the situation. The pool was severely over loaded. I yelled at some horny teenage kids throwing these tiny young high school girls around who lost their bikini top. They almost hit some woman's little boy. If I wanted to see drunk teenagers acting like morons, I'd go to Panama City or something. This place is wonderful, but the guests around spring break have certainly gone from families with young children to rude, very loud teens taking over without any supervision. We booked our spring Break 2015 for Long Boat Key next year. Im excited to give another Island a try. I'm a little sad that our 10 year anniversary of spring breaks down there won't include our favorite place. The owners & management might want to know that barf in the halls didn't used to happen a few years ago. What's changed?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club delivers the best of all worlds: The newly renovated, privately owned vacation condominiums have full amenities and include resort-like accommodations. Our customer service & satisfaction tops the charts and differentiates us from the many other choices you have when deciding on a vacation rental. Conveniently located close to fine dining and shopping and within minutes of area attractions, this is a perfect year-round island destination for travelers, active seniors, couples, families, or honeymooners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarasota Surf And Racquet Club Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Surf And Racquet Club Florida