Welcome to the Ramada Waterfront Sarasota. Check in was courteous and efficient. As expected, because of the third-party booking I was directed to the motel side of the hotel with no waterfront view and not totally remodeled. There was some remodeling done to the property since the last time I stayed here in 2012.
In the room were two comfortable full size beds, night table, writing desk, TV cabinet with storage beneath and a single serve coffee machine that has to be moved to access a power outlet. The TV is not a flat-panel as promised by the manager in response to a comment from a previous guest on Tripadvisor. There were flat panels in other rooms. Iron and ironing board are available in the bathroom where there are hangers for your clothes on an open rack.
The following are some details that I noticed on a room walk through, because as you know the devil is in the details:
1. Night table drawer spill.
2. Dislodged casing for air conditioner.
3. Large hair glob stuck on bathroom wall.
4. Sunken shower drain with questionable grouting and staining.
5. Bathroom Floor cleaning could have been better.
6. Slow draining bathroom sink.
7. Deteriorated caulking around sink.
7. Liquid stained carpet (when it's at home I know the origin of the cooties).
Make sure to wear your slippers.
The Continental breakfast included drinks, fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, muffins, bagels, and other breads.
It seems it for the money through a third party booking, there is value here, however because of the the star rating is overrated, and at regular rates you can find better value alternatives.
P.S. Daily cleanup was beds made, trash removal. No vacuum or mop, (didn't even flush the toilet).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the splendor of warm tropical breezes, sparkling waters and dazzling sunsets of the Ramada Waterfront located on Sarasota Bay in Sarasota, Florida. The hotel, banquet rooms, restaurant, Tiki Bar and heated outdoor swimming pool all have spectacular views of the marina. The Ramada Waterfront Sarasota is convenient to Florida's gulf coast beautiful white sand beaches including Siesta Key Beach, Lido Key and Anna Maria Island. The full service Ramada Waterfront has 85 comfortable and well-appointed guest rooms and suites. Amenities include free WiFi throughout the hotel and free parking. With over 9,000 square feet of flexible function space, the hotel is ideal for meetings, banquets weddings and other special events for up to 700 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Ramada Sarasota Florida