“2 Stars”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Sarasota

Ramada Sarasota
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Yes, the hotel is dated but the property is very very clean and the rooms smell wonderful. It is a very nice place to stay. The property is huge. I had 2 different rooms both on the waterside and the views were incredible. My second room in the Club building was amazing with a full kitchen, granite everywhere, 2 large closets and the one of the best beds that I have slept in in my life. The towels were big and fluffy. I brought the left over soap home because I loved the citrus smell. I thoroughly enjoyed breakfast. This was my first time having waffles and they were absolutely great. The staff is very friendly and they inquire as to if everything is going well. I also enjoyed the afternoon popcorn. It was good, salty and buttery the way I like it. I like quaint. The location was very close to where I wanted to go. I felt the staff really cared that I enjoyed my stay. I booked this by phone a day before I came and they found me one of the last available rooms. You do have to climb the stairs because there is no elevator but that is ok, Climbing the stairs gave me a good wake up call that I need to resume exercising. The parking is ample, no problems there. But the highlight here is the staff, just the best of the best.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the waterside. It was recommended on here and I read it and followed the suggestion...
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
GMRamadaSarasota, Owner at Ramada Sarasota, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
Dear Lesla,

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed all we have to offer and that you noticed how clean our property is. Cleanliness is one of the most important things to us. I am also very happy our staff treated you well. Customer service is another thing we work very hard on.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Owner/GM
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Our room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. That is really all the positive things I can say. The room needs a new paint job. The bathroom needed to be cleaned. By that I mean scrubbed! The shower floor was disgusting! The air conditioner was something else! The flap over the controls fell off every time I opened it. I finally gave up trying to regulate the temperature. I would have called the front desk but was too aggravated to bother. I just wanted the morning to come so we could leave. Will not stay at this hotel again and definitely do not recommend staying here.

Stayed September 2014
Dear LoveToTravel,

I am so so sorry that your stay was anything less than perfect. I will be sure to look into the A/C flap and have this fixed immediately. I will also discuss the cleanliness issue with my executive housekeeper as this is very unlike our property and I will address it immediately for you.

Thank you again for your thoughts.

Navid Kichi

Travellers are raving about these Sarasota hotels

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were only supposed to stay 1 night and instead it turned into a nice three day mini vacation! The hotel waterside has the rooms literally 10 steps from the sea wall and water. The pool is built into the sea wall and the tiki bar and restaurant serve food right at the pool. I felt like i was in a commercial. We enjoyed every minute of this place! Tom the manager was so helpful in finding us a rental car and restaurants to eat at and also sent us to the Art area of downtown and to St Armands (sp) circle on the beach. We will be back! Thank you to everyone at this hotel!

Room Tip: ask for the water side ... its wonderful!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JN,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about the Ramada Waterfront Sarasota. I am so happy to hear you decided to extend your vacation and stay with us a couple extra days. We look forward to seeing you again shortly.

Owner/GM