“SPATZ-TASTIC!!”

Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are family operated business, serving traditional home made german food fresh from scratch. Our dinner hours are 5:00-9:30 Tuesday- Saturday.
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My boyfriend is 100% german so he has high standards for german food. We had seen Heinrich's and were looking forward to stopping by for dinner. He had one of the specials, recommended by our waiter, who was VERY friendly and helpful (especially to me, since I didn't grow up with the acquired german taste) I had the Vienna style pork schnitzel. Both dinners absolutely blew us away! DEFINITELY try the red cabbage and the spatzle heinrich style! It was quite a bit more pricey than other german resturants in the area, if the prices were a bit lower we would probably be there once a week rather than once in a while. That said though, the food really was worth it,we're pretty thrifty and my boyfriend wants to go back again tonight!

2  Thank Molly B

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Completely loved Heinrich's! Great service, great atmosphere, and the food was excellent! Can't wait to go back again!

2  Thank Kristen V
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband was raised in Germany, actually in the state of Bavaria, and he what knows how German food tastes. We have lived in the Tampa bay area for fourteen years and went to several German restaurants in the area, but none can compare to Heinrich's in Sarasota. Everytime we eat there the food and service are impeccable. One of our favorite meals is the schwein haxen, but everything we have eaten is delicious. Believe me the drive isn worth it.

1  Thank Manfred H
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband is military so we have traveled to Germany many times. Since our last trip to Germany I have been searching for authentic tasting German food to no avail. Not anymore! If you are looking for true, authentic German food then Heinrich's is THE place! Everything we ate was wonderful! My only problem is that we are from Texas so I will not be able to enjoy this restaurant as often as I would like. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. We also met Heinrich, who was very nice also. Love this place!

1  Thank shelleylovesdachs
Reviewed 6 July 2013

You will think you are in Germany when you eat at Heinrich's German Grill. Most times I have trouble choosing between dishes . . main dishes, anyway. My sides will always be spaetzle and red cabbage! Love the schnitzel but my other favorite dish is the one I cannot say, much less spell. It is usually a special on the weekend and is cooked for 8+ hours . . it's a pig knuckle or something like that, anyway.
My husband loves the bratwurst and the sauerkraut and of course, the beer!

Jason & Steve are great servers and Heinrich is ever present.

1  Thank WOPONE13