“A German experience”

Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open for Dinner: TUESDAY - SATURDAY 5:00-CLOSE . Serving traditional german home made food, fresh from scratch
“A German experience”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We showed up w/o reservations and was seated at the bar. Very quaint atmosphere. The beer was excellent (HB). The menu offerings are truly German and delectable! Must be ten different styles of schnitzel and various wurst. The Eisbein looked wonderful but a very large helping. What really stood out for me was the sauerkraut . Typically German and not the least bit sour. I highly recommend Heinrich's because they follow through on their German theme and remain true to their goal of serving excellent German food. A must visit place!

Visited March 2014

michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real German Food”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of dining at Heinrich's German grill with friends from Sarasota. What a special treat for my husband who is a Hamburg native. The food was authentic and absolutely delicious. We have been all through Germany. From Hamburg to Munich and Frankfurt
And Heinrich's makes my list of favorite German restaurants

1 Thank kittiemichigan
Sarasota, Florida
“Good place”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Feels like being in the Cheers restaurant of SRQ. Close tables and chairs, easy to talk, sandwiches the best

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mary V A
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Were we in Germany or Sarasota?”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

It was difficult to tell the difference. Everything was authentic. Nice decor and most important, wonderful food. My wife got the sauerbraten which she could cut with a fork. There were about 5 pieces in an excellent gravy. It was "the best".

The selection of schnitzel was mind boggling. I got the schnitzel superior and it was outstanding. As many reviewers stated, the red cabbage has a distinctive, great flavor. Potato pancakes are crispy and tasty.

For dessert, we ordered the apple strudel which was served with yellow cake ice cream with chocolate swirl. Amazing. You won't be able to recognize the flavor without asking.

In summary, best German food on the west coast of Florida and equal to the restaurants we visited in Germany.

Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Joyful and Delicious”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Before visiting this restaurant, I found the reviews singing the praises of red cabbage a bit amusing. I mean, red cabbage, really? However, I can honestly say, that Heinrich's red cabbage was one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted. Heinrich and his entire team are gracious and enthusiastic. The service was welcoming and the food was fabulous. I had one of the specials of the day, a pork dish that's name I can't even attempt to spell. The meat was remarkably tender and wonderfully seasoned. They care for details here, for example, the applesauce that accompanied the lovely potato pancakes was delightful in its own right. We are looking forward to dining here again.

Visited February 2014