“Last minute "PRECIOUS FIND"”

Heinrich's German Grill
Ranked #26 of 1,038 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open for Dinner: TUESDAY - SATURDAY 5:00-CLOSE . Serving traditional german home made food, fresh from scratch
Aurora, Ohio
“Last minute "PRECIOUS FIND"”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I am so happy we found Heinrich's. It is now our favorite Florida restaurant. We are in Florida on vacation (Long Boat Key) and we were looking for something a little different and we are VERY particular. DON'T let the fact it's in a strip mall put you off, it is a good and safe area.

Andreas is the Owner Chef and was available to talk with about the menu. He came to the US when he was 12 and all recipes have been handed down through the generations.

We each had different starters and entrees and I also had borscht. All the food was EXCELLENT!!! And the beer? BIG!!!

5 Thank Food-Loving-Brit

downtownresident
“Fun experience and yummy food”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant with another couple and had a great time. Most of the menu items are schnitzel, but there is sauerbraten, a ham hock dish, some bratwurst entrees and a couple specials. I am not familiar with German food, so I found some of the flavors a bit unusual, but still very tasty and well worth the experience. I had the sauerbraten, which was very tender, with a nice, tangy sauce that was slightly sweet. I loved the sauerkraut and the spätzel. The potato pancakes were also delicious, as was the soup. I thought the service was very good. The waiter was patient and attentive. I agree that the restaurant is a bit expensive, but the portions are large and I think a lot of care is put into the creation of the food. The food is a bit heavy - meat-centric, buttery and/or fried, but I imagine that is to be expected.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank downtownresident
Bradenton, Florida
“Not just dinning but an experience to remember!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We loved everything, Starting with the people(owner and staff were friendly and helpful very good all around , Will be back and bring friends and family . The best German food since moving to Florida many years ago from Milwaukee Wisconsin. Thanks Heinrichs!

• Visited March 2014
Aiken, South Carolina
“Seemed Authentic, but...”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This was our first visit to Heinrich's. It's located in a strip mall and the interior is small and not particularly interesting. The menu has many German favorites and my wife was anxious to try the Sauerbraten. While it was flavorful, the texture of the meat was more like liver than beef and she found it quite unappealing. The rest of us had schnitzel of different kinds and they were very good. An unexpected touch was the older accordion player, dressed in full German regalia, who provided traditional entertainment. The service was quick and cordial and the food was served hot.

Overall, pretty good, but not sure if I would return.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Chris C
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent German food”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you want authetic German food prepared with time and care, this is the place. It's not inexpensive but you cannot beat this place for German food.

Visited March 2014