“Authentic and Delicious”

Ranked #31 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Open for Dinner: TUESDAY - SATURDAY 5:00-CLOSE . Serving traditional german home made food, fresh from scratch
“Authentic and Delicious”
Reviewed 4 September 2014

This isn't a beer and brats place! It is authentic German cooking, light where you don't expect it to be, rich and heavy where it should be - and extremely well prepared. My wife is German (born there, speaks with an accent - you know, really German!) and complains about a lot of places passing themselves off as serving German food. She raved about the dishes and the sides that came with them. We don't live in Sarasota, and we are not buddies with the owners. But this is seriously good food for people who understand seriously good German cooking. If you expect beer and brats, come on in anyway, because they have that. But try other dishes if you can - you won't be sorry.

3 Thank Anthony M

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best medicine against being homesick!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

It is Labor Day weekend and we took a mini vacation from West Palm to Sarasota. I chose Heinrich's German Restaurant because I am selfish. I am homesick and will mot be able to
go home to Europe this year. Heinrich was my Doctor tonight and I am glad to announce that I feel
Fabelhaft. I had a Wienerschnitzel that was fresh, thin, tender inside, crispy outside. The red cabbage made me almost cry as I remembered my Grandma's
cooking. My "Latino" Husband was happy meeting HB München ;) he was raving about the beer all the way he. The zigaunerbraten he had was very tasty, he tasted Spätzle
for the first time in his life and he definitely liked it. Danke Heinrich, can't wait to see the photo. ( If you see a photo with two happy campers in white with a huge smile. That'a us having a great dinner at Heinrich's! )

1 Thank Eszter A
“A taste from home”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Had the Sauer bratten, spatzle, red cabbage & a German weissbeer. Large portion. It was very good! Sat at the bar and watch them prepare a wonderful meal.

2 Thank JOSEPH C
“Amazing food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This restaurant truly deserves the 5 star rating across the board. Everything from the price to the food to the service to the atmosphere is phenomenal. When we came into the door we were welcomed warmly. Our waiter was very friendly and took great care of us. When informing us of the specials he was very amiable and upbeat and did not sound like he was reciting a script, he made suggestions, told us his favorites. When the food came out it was better than any of us could have ever imagined! I had the short rib special which was amazing, My wife and son had the pork shank which had been slow roasted for several hours and literally fell off the bone. It was delish! The specials were a little pricey, but we don't mind paying more for quality food. The owner Heinrich came over several times before during and after our meal and even had an Underberg with my brother and I, a very kind gesture. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The restaurant itself is very cozy with pleasant and relaxing background music playing. The prices are what you would expect for the high quality and service. We are definitely coming back!

3 Thank Jbo0916
Sarasota, Florida
“Disappointment impossible”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am a good old German girl and I am cooking German. Since Heinrich opened, me and my husband went there for dinner. We are still cooking our Grandparents meals as well as today's German meals. Nobody else than Heinrich's German Grill could please us with German food. We tried everything and up to today that is the best Schweinehaxen, the best Sauerkraut and the best Sauerbraten or Schnitzel. The meals are tasty, every day fresh cooked and taste great each time you come.
Potatoe Pancakes are fresh from fresh potatoes and guess what, Germans like it crispy. If you get a soft Potato Pancake in Germany that is definitely either oily or out of a Package. So who is this asking for this??? The Potato Pancakes are wonderful, fresh and if you know Potato Pancakes eat them next time with the wonderful Liverwurst and crispy pickles on top and if you know German food you enjoy it. Funny as pan fried means actually crispy. I would not even take the time to write if I would not know so well that Heinrich's Spaetzle are made fresh from scratch each day. I am going there to buy them to not make them myself. I can just say the service is wonderful, there are wonderful people working there and the food is delicious. Don't forget there is everything made fresh every day. There is no packaged food. I have been at a lot of places and as being German I an confident that I can say this is true fresh German food and I will go there the next couple of years to eat all those great meals and not miss Germany. I am thankful for this restaurant to be there and not being a chain. The Gulasch, Tafelspitz, Sauerbraten, eat the Menu up and down, it will always be wonderful. Disappointment impossible!!!

5 Thank Sabine N