“Ceviche Sarasota Rip Off”

Ceviche Tapas Bar and Restaurant
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Reviewed 8 April 2013

WE had them cater our daughters book signing affair a few months back for about 100 people and the food was good but ran out. We paid for 100 people but lots of people was not able to eat because of the shortage. The manager was more concerned with the bar tab then with the quantity of food provided. We do not recommend this restaurant for catering or a party more then 10 people, which they can handle easily. Over 10 -- forget it..!!

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Went to Ceviche, which is located in an old historic building downtown Sarasota. It occupies 4 floors with food and beverage service. My wife and I went to the third floor which featured "Flamenco". The Musicians and Dancers were obviously Spanish (Maybe Latin American?). They played and danced just as I remembered seeing in Sevilla. They were followed by a group that played terrific Latin Beat music for spirited dancing. The food was mostly tapas, well prepared and ample. The sangria was superb and the service professional. A great discovery!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Go to Ceviche to watch the sunset then go down a level and listen to music with a drink. If you eat there, don't expect too much. Their namesake dish, ceviche, is subpar.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

It was exactly what I had hoped plenty of choice on the menu right size to enjoy variety and served very efficiently . However for me the most important aspect of this restaurant was we walked in with no reservation on a Saturday night at 10 pm . Sarasota if not most of Florida except maybe Miami can be a " dead zone " of food choices if you start looking after 9.30 pm .
This place delivered

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Sorry I couldn't give this place 0 Stars... My Fiance's family is from Spain and she has visited them on numerous occasions so I thought it would be nice to go and get something from the "Old Country". We went on Tapas Tuesday... $4 Tapas and Sangia, thought we might get a good sampling before coming on the weekend for a full night... BAD IDEA !!!

Got to the Hostess and she told us it would be a 35 minute wait and then... nothing... wait 30 seconds.... I asked if there were anywhere we could wait and then... nothing... Thinking she might, at this point, have some type of hearing disability I asked if there was a bar that we could wait at... She then stated that we could go to the bar or the rooftop and then... nothing... 30 seconds... I asked where is the bar and if we wished how do we get to the rooftop... She stated we could take the elevator... we look around the foyer... nothing...and then we asked, "Ok, where is the elevator?"... 30 seconds... and then she said, "In the other room"....

So, we proceeded to the room next door and "Lo and Behold"... there are not 1... not 2... but 3 empty tables... Okay, now I waited tables for many years and NEVER had a wait when there were empty tables... nonetheless (shoulder shrug).

So, we get up to the Rooftop and there were 3 couples at three different tables... great time to get some good service... WRONG ! We had to wait 10 minutes before either of the two guys would even approach us... It appeared that they, in the end, flipped a coin to see who would be bothered with serving us... When the server finally approached us we asked, as we had noticed that the menu of the rooftop had tapas, if we could get the $4 tapas there... The waiter impatiently stated, "NO". I asked, "Why not?. and he said that the kitchen on the rooftop was not sufficiently large enough to do the tapas... and he... YES... he then just walked away.. How dare I ask a question... REALLY???

Another reviewer on a different forum stated that they were served tapas on the rooftop.... NOW, I'm really confused... Needless to say that when the server just "walked away" so did we... Unbelievable service or dare I say lack of service from these people... Guess they have outgrown themselves much too quickly... Good luck looking for customers from the local area during the off-season...

In the end we drove down Main Street and found a parking spot.... Guess Where???? Right in front of Sangia's Tapas Bar... Went in and had a GREAT evening... It's run by a family from Spain... and it saved the evening...